cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only available at home error message

starlir
Up to speed

After yesterday’s update to Virgin Go 4.31.0 I cannot watch saved recordings on my 360 box on either iPad or iPhone as I get the error message ‘Only available at home’. The app cannot determine that I am on the same network as my 360 box even though I am (the 360 is on ethernet).  Worked before the update.  Tired of bug after bug in this software, makes me wonder who is doing testing and qa for it, whoever it is ain’t very good……

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes I can confirm this works for me on iPhone on iOS 14.7 beta 2. Will try iPad later.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

61 REPLIES 61

starlir
Up to speed

Update.  This morning with the box in standby I see my list of recordings, I select one that is on a series link and can see the list of partially watched, recorded and planned recordings.  I select the first in the list which is a partially watched episode and I get the ‘Connect to TV Box’ dialogue. Clicking the connect to box button I get the spinning circle timer for 30 seconds and then ‘TV box could not be reached’. Go figure how it can find my list of recordings but then cannot play them……

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi starlir, 

Thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with accessing your recordings on the 360 box. 

It sounds like you have made some progress since your first post but we are not quite there yet. 

Can you please confirm the following for me? 

Does the box have a good/stable connection to your Hub?

Is your equipment set to fast start when in standby mode? 

I have found another thread similar to your issue if you would like to take a look here

Thanks 

Nat

Yes the box has a good stable Ethernet connection to the hub, there are no issues with other devices on the network either. The box was in active start but changing to fast start makes no difference and the same error message appears even when the box is active. Two things for you to consider and explain:

1. This worked before the latest app update, now it doesn’t.

2. The app is clearly communicating with the box as it displays the list of recorded programs and planned recordings but is then unable to play a recording

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning @starlir

Thanks for reporting back to us, 

Just to confirm, are you able to play back your recordings now or does it still come up with the error message?

May sound obvious, but have you reset the actual TV box to see if this helps and also the hub box so that it resets the Tv as well. 

It may not solve the issue, but just want to see if it allows you to watch the recordings? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sasha, still getting the same error message after restarting box and hub and also get it when I disconnect Ethernet and connect via WiFi. I refer you back to my previous post and the two questions I asked but remain unanswered.

Sorry @starlir

Just to confirm, have you tried re-booting your box since the update?  As it does sound like a configuration issue.

Regards

Lee

Yes it’s been rebooted. Don’t see how it’s a config issue, see the symptoms. The app can read the saved and planned recordings so it can clearly see the box on the network. This is only an issue since the last app update. I suspect they’ve tweaked security somewhere….. The problem occurs whether on Ethernet or WiFi. Btw no config parameters have been changed, only change is the app update. Go figure.

Hi starlir,

I've been able to locate the account and sent a hit to the equipment, 

Can you please try using the app again and let me know if there is any change?

Alex_Rm

Alex,

Still the same error message, ‘Only available at home….’