cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only available at home - error message when trying to watch saved recordings.

pepster
On our wavelength

Hello Team,

I have recently upgraded to the v360 and all is working well, apart from when I try and watch recordings on my iPhone or iPad, even though I am connected to my own WiFi I get the "only available at home" message.

I have seen other posts on the forum for the same issue, as none have been answered and result in a DM I thought i'd start a new post so this can be tracked separately.

For info I have done the following or have the following info...

• I do not use the Superhub wifi, I use a TP Link Deco mesh network.
  • The v360 is connected via ethernet to the TP link network, this means it is in the same IP range as the iPad/iPhone.  192.168.1.x for all devices.
  • I have rebooted the v360 box.
  • I have reinstalled the APPs on my iPad & iPhone.
  • When this was previously the TiVo 'TV Control' app it recognised both the iPad/iPhone were on the same network and never had this issue with playback of recordings.
  • I can still view the 'Saved' recordings on my iPad/iPhone
  • Under 'Devices' in the right hand corner I can see and connect to 'Virgin TV' when I am connected to WiFi.
    • However, many times it will say another device is already connected, even if I have just rebooted the box and connected for the first time, however if I disconnect again and reconnect it resolves the issue.
  • I have also checked previous threads on this subject and ensured I have carried out any steps recommended which are listed above.

If anyone else can recommend any further troubleshooting steps it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pepster
On our wavelength

since the latest app update mine is working now 🙂 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

24 REPLIES 24

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you checked that the Virgin TV Go app is enabled in you Apple devices Local Network Privacy settings?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pepster
On our wavelength

Thanks for the suggestion, I have been into the settings and confirm access to the local network is enabled. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you actually established the TV 360 local IP address or just assumed it is on the same network?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

pepster
On our wavelength

Yes, I have the IP address of both the virgin 360 box and the iPhone/iPad and they’re on the same network/address space. 

This is confirmed by the fact I can connect to the box, I just cannot stream the recordings.  Also, using the same configuration I was able to stream my TiVo recordings using the TV control app which has the same restrictions on network steaming allowing local network streaming also. 

Hello, we’re sorry to see you’re still having issues with this. We’re currently investigating the issue. Would you be able to tell us the exact device the issue can be seen on? (model number, i.e. Ipad Air 2020 LTE + software number iOS 14.5)

Has it ever worked? And does it work sometimes?

What is the home WiFi set up? Do you use repeaters, or a mesh set up? Also, could you please confirm you are definitely connected via WiFi and not 4g/5g on your device?

Many thanks,
Dan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi

I am having the same issue too, I am on an iPad Pro 2020 with 14.5.1 software, it worked up till about 2 weeks ago, now whenever I try playing a recording I get the mentioned message.

Any idea when this is going to be resolved ?

pepster
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply Dan, here are my replies...

• Devices
    • iPhone 12 - MGJE3B/A - iOS 14.5.1
    • iPad mini (5th Generation) - MUQW2B/A - iPADOS 14.5.1
  • It has never worked for me since I upgraded to Virgin TV 360.  However my old Tivo software used to work with the exact same network configuration despite the LAN only restrictions.
  • I use a TP Link Deco P9 mesh setup
  • I normally have the Superhub 3 WiFi disabled, but I enabled it and connected to the SH3 wifi network and the same happened.
  • I checked each time and on my iPhone I had a LAN IP address, the iPad doesn't have cellular so that was not possible.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need any further info.

Having recently updated the iPhone 12 and iPad Pro to software update 14.5.1 my tvgo app has stopped allowing me to watch the recordings on the apps. I can watch live tv. On my spare iPad I didn’t update the software and the app is still working allowing me to view the recordings as before. This only happened 3 weeks ago when the update 14.5.1 was installed. I have removed the apps rebooted the iPad and iPhone also the Virgin 360 box and nothing brings the facility back. Only difference I have noticed in the diagnostic page is the bottom line CP2IP address has a number in the iPad that is working but in the iPhone and iPad that both had the update this IP address field is empty. 

Any suggestions? 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mpoole2021 

I suspect that is a very important diagnostic piece of information.

Hopefully, @Dan_M can pick this up and run with it. Android devices are not affected.

Same here on iPadOS 14.7 Beta:

9F8DFC88-85DC-4BB3-B064-5002DBD93B20.jpeg