cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only available at home - error message when trying to watch on my phone

twinklestar
On our wavelength

Why does this error message constantly appear when trying to watch recorded programmes on my phone? it is driving me crazy!

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you at home, and is your mobile device connected to the same network as your TiVo/V6/360 box?

VM's licence requirements dictate that multi-device streaming must be in the same home as the recording is made, and the IP address allocated within your broadband router is the means by which this is enforced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, I am at home & connected to the Tivo box. 

Sometimes it connects, but increasingly I get the error message come up.

David,

Only since upgrading & I only use one other device (my phone) as an alternative to the TV.

Sue

Hi @twinklestar,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with the TV Go app at home. When this issue happens, have you ensured that your phone and TV box are both on the same network, and also that if the TV box is also on? If it's not on, can you confirm what Standby Mode it's in?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I'm not sure how to check if they are both on the same network, but as it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't I guess I am?

I've tried making sure the box is on, that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I switch it off using the off button on the remote control.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

Sue

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@twinklestar wrote:

I'm not sure how to check if they are both on the same network, but as it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't I guess I am?

If it sometimes works, there's a good chance you are then - but still need to rule out the problem times IMO.

If you login to your VM router (using 192.168.100.1), there should be an option to view connected devices - I use my own router so am unfamiliar with the menu structure.

Each connected device will be listed with an IP address - the first 3 blocks of numbers need to match between your TV box and whatever mobile device you're using, the final number can and will differ.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Japitts,

Thanks for your patience with me & explaining how to check if I'm on the same network. I can confirm I can see my phone in the list.

Sue

Hi twinklestar

Have you been able to resolve this now or are you still getting the same error message 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth

It seems to be OK today, but watch this space...

Sue