cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not available in your region

Michael_burdiss
Joining in

Hi, I've recently downloaded the virgin tv go app on my phone and ipad. On the phone it works fine, however on my ipad I get a message of "content not available in your region".

I understand the but about it not being available outside of the UK but the devices are 6 inches apart in my house on the wifi in the UK....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this on any specific content?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nope across all live channels on the virgin go app, box sets, sky cinema etc. 

The only thing I can view is sky sports after it redirects me to the sky sports app.

However all work on my phone

Hi @Michael_burdiss,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your review, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues when trying to use the TVGo App on your iPad! I can understand that this could be quite frustrating.

We appreciate @japitts taking a look into this to help you already.

Can you tell us if you're using a VPN on your iPad at all? Is this causing this issue?

Keep us updated so we can help further.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina, 

Thanks for coming back to me.

Its a company Ipad however it does say VPN not connected under general in settings.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Can you please check that the app is running on the most recent software update. 

And just to rule it out, is the iPad also set up on the UK time zone please?

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Nat,

Thanks for the message, I can only assume the app is the most up to date one as I downloaded it for the first time on Tuesday when our account went live. 

Ipad is set up as UK, I tried to add a pic but it was too large but it definitely has the region set to UK and the time zone set to London.

Regards 

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Can you confirm if any other streaming apps work in the iPad?

Wondering if this may be because it's a work issued device.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your message. 

Yep other streaming works fine (skygo previously, netflix etc) 

If I go onto the Virgin go app and try and watch sky sports it redirects me to the sky sports app and plays just fine (same as BBC iplayer) problem seems to be limited soley to watching things on the actual virgin app.

Regards

Mike

Thanks for coming back to us @Michael_burdiss.

In that case we would need to get this looked into further by our IT support team, I will send over a private message to you now, so that we can clear account security and get this looked into further for you.

I will send the message over in a moment and we can get started investigating this issue for you.

Regards,

Steven_L