Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not available - Sorry - we can't play this at the moment

OllieMitch93
Joining in

I'm getting this message:

Not available - Sorry - we can't play this at the moment

When I try to access BT Sport through my Virgin TV Go app on my laptop.

Any idea why? Very frustrating.

Is it a Virgin Media outage? I've had this issue before about a year ago and then eventually it just started working again. It's not a browser issue and I've tried clearing my cache.

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @OllieMitch93,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling to watch BT Sport content. Are you subscribed to a package that includes the channel you're wishing to watch? Is this happening on multiple devices?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Its actually all channels that aren't working. Not just BT Sport (yes I have BT Sport subscription through Virgin).

I've checked and the app works on my phone and tablet, but not my laptop.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply OllieMitch93.

Can you please try accessing the service via your browser and see if you have the same issue?

Thanks

Nat

The browser version isn't working either.

I am unable to locate your service on our system.

When last were you able to successfully use the app? Also, are you accessing this on your home network or mobile data?

Also, have you been in contact with our team on  0345 454 1111? If so, what was discussed? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

That's because my service is registered with a virgin email address.

It's via mobile data or other external wifi networks that's the issue anyway as I don't use Virgin TV Go at home. By the way, Vigrin TV Go is working for my tablet and mobile phone, it's just not on my laptop - so it's surely a device issue.

I was last able to use it about 2 weeks ago now and haven't had this issue for nearly 2 years. Last time this happened I spent hours on the phone to get an answer and eventually was told that Virgin had had an outage and that eventually the TV Go service would work again. And it did eventually but months later.

Hi there @OllieMitch93, thank you for your reply.

It's unusual how this was working but now is not, we have not been made aware of any known issues with TV Go. I would recommend checking the TV Go help page here to see if there is anything there that could help.

If you still have issues after checking this please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Still having the same problem despite following those actions (restarting apps, reinstalling etc) and also now when I try to access Sky Sports in the SS app via Virgin TV Go, I am getting this error message:

Error code: VGC-4253024462:4253024462

So clearly the issues are linked.

Hi @OllieMitch93, thanks very much for your reply although I'm sorry you're still having issues.

Could you kindly try to reset your My Virgin Media account password (this is linked to your TV Go one), wait approximately 1 hour and then try logging in again to see if this has refreshed things and gets it sorted for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W