Menu
Paul_TT
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Not all channels are shown on the New TV Guide on PCs!

The TV guide on the Tivo shows that there is a channel 199 FoxHD, but this does NOT appear on the TV Guide if searched on the Windows PC new layout TV Listings.

What other channels are we missing?

What was the logic in changing a TV Listing guide from one that worked and allowed us to set the Tivos to record programmes remotely via PC, to one that jumps all over the place, Pops up windows I don't want to see, and where we cannot set the TV to record!

We, your customers, are paying a lot of money for what appears to be a reduction in service.

What Gives, Virgin?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not all channels are shown on the New TV Guide on PCs!

HI Paul_TT,

Welcome to the community.

HD channels are not available to stream but if you check the channel guide you will be able to stream FOX on channel 157.

If you have any further queries please let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paul_TT
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

The issue has since got a lot worse!  NO channels at all are shown now, or for the last few days, on your 'Super, New, TV Guide' which actually doesn't work!  Or, am I doing something wrong that no one has told us about?  I have tried 4 different browsers, all with the same result!

When are we going to get something that works!? ???

0 Kudos
Paul_TT
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Oh, i am not trying to stream, I just want to see what is on the box tonight - according to the schedule NOTHING!¬

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The TV Go website only shows channels that can be watched via the website or the TV apps.

You'll need to use the TV Control app on Android or iOS to see a complete TV listing separately to using the Virgin TV box itself.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Paul_TT
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

BenMcR & Rose

What If I don't have Ios or Android....and I use a Nokia 3310 for my phone.  A month or so ago, I could go onto my laptop if I was away from home, or my desktop if I am in my office, and look at the TV Listings to see what was on the box for tonight, tomorrow, etc with all channels.  I WAS also able to set a programme to record on my Tivo when I was away from home, so I could watch it when I got back home.

Now, I am paying for a Full House TV with 200mb broadband, etc, and Virgin have reduced the functionality of the Windows based TV Anywhere to absolute ZERO.  I cannot even see any channels shown under TV Listings, and I don't want to stream them anywhere, I just want to see what is on.  Are we not allowed to do that anymore?  We have to guess?  Why can't I just see what shows are on?  It says something about setting up my channels on the settings page, but when I go there, there are no channels their either?

What has gone wrong?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul_TT,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The recording function has moved over to the Virgin TV control app but you should be able to stream your channels from the website.

I have just re-synced your subscription for you so please test it again and let me know if it's still the same.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paul_TT
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

I think you have missed the point.  I do not want to STREAM any shows, or run them down any ditch or whatever!  I just want to see the Schedule of what is on at any time!  I just get a Black screen!  How can I see anything, to even think of setting a recorder!VMscreencapture 16Jan18h34.jpg

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. We'd recommend cropping the address bar up on the images. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Paul_TT
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

and here is what I see when I go to set up My Channels!  - Absolutely Zippo - Black Screen - what do I drag where?  I am NOT impressed!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. We'd recommend cropping the address bar up on the images. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Paul_TT
Tuning in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

OK, Virgin.  So you delete my screenshots of your problem because it had my toolbar showing, but no one has answered me with any sort of logical answer as to why I cannot see the schedule on my Windows PC.  I see that there have been over 40 views on this thread - are you all getting the same, or is it just me? I have refreshed, logged in and out, closed down the browser and restarted it, and rebooted the PC and my hub - STILL GET A BLACK SCREEN and CANNOT VIEW THE TV GUIDE - nearly 3 weeks since this started happening....

Community - do Virgin actually monitor these threads and ever respond with a fix?  What service are we paying for?  For those that did not see my screenshots, here is one without my toolbar.

VMscreencapture 16Jan18h34.jpg

0 Kudos