cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to log onto Virgin TV Go (New Customer)

Raj583
Joining in

I am a new customer and when I tried to register for Virgin TV Go I got a message saying that an account already existed for me.

When I tried logging on using my Virgin Media username and password, I get an error saying that either the username or password is not correct.

Appreciate guidance on how to resolve this as Technical Support don't seem to know what to do.

11 REPLIES 11

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Raj583, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting an error message. On this one, we'll need to take a closer look at things. 

I will need to confirm some information with you so have sent you a private message to look at this further. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Raj583, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message on this one. 

When trying to sign in direct through My VM, do you get the same error? 

If so, please follow the forgotten password link and try and reset the password there. 

Pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

When I tried the forgotten password link, I get error code DEF01.

Thanks &regards

Raj583

Hi @Raj583,

To confirm, is that error message appearing when you're attempting to log into My Virgin Media? If so, can you try clearing your cache and cookies and then trying to log in again to see if that helps at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

The original error message (i.e. "..username or password incorrect..") was returned when I try to log into the Virgin TV Go app from my mobile phone.

Kath asked me to try resetting the password using the forgotten password link, and trying again.  However, when I try resetting the password by clicking the reset link emailed to me, I get the DEF01 error code.  Regarding this error, I just tried clearing the cache as you suggested, and I still get the error.

Regards

Raj583

Hi Raj583, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have taken another look at this today and can see that off he back of you calling the team, an IT Ticket has been raised. This is with the IT Team currently and I have chased for an update. 

Once I hear anything back, I will be back in touch with you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

The IT Team have been sitting on this since 19th Feb.   They said they would get back to me in 3 to 4 days, but I have not heard from them since. 

When I called Customer Services to get an update, they said they are not able to contact the IT Team!  

Thanks for following up with them on this, I look forward to an update. 

Kind regards 

Raj583

Hi Raj583, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I understand the frustration however we do need to wait for them to come back to let us know they've reset things or fixed things. They do try and sort things within a few days but there are times where the issue takes longer to resolve. 

Can you try signing in to My VM with the details instead to see if this works? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath

Just tried logging into My VM with the same username and password, and I was able to log in successfully.

Regards

Raj583