cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on recordings on TV Go

lfc2606
Tuning in

Certain Saved shows, particularly from Dave or Channel4, have no sound when played back through the TV Go app. This happens on  both iPhone and iPad and it’s not every recording. Could it be on shows where I need to be connected to the V box?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a 360 or a V6? The functionality of TV Go differs depending which box you have - if you're not sure, check here 

On the V6 platform, TV Go is just a streaming function and has no connectivity to your STB. Streaming recordings from your box is done using TV Control.

If you have 360, then the functions of TV Control & TV Go are combined, and you could be watching recordings or streaming live TV/box-sets equally.

It would also be useful to have some specific examples of programmes that have this problem, alongisde confirmation of which box you have - and therefore which scenario applies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve got a 360 box.  The two shows where I’m experiencing this (so far) are Taskmaster on Ch4 and Outsiders on Dave.  For Saved shows it naturally expects the App to be connected to one of 3 boxes I’ve got (not dissimilar to Sky Q).  I understand there are different restrictions (presumably based on contracts) so some shows on App can only be played through the 360, some can be streamed directly from the internet and others need a box connection.  I assumed for the latter it was because it was streaming from the box rather than the internet but that was just an assumption.

It could be a channel thing as saved programmes on ITV are fine.  BBC, CH4 and Dave SEEM to be affected.  They all play fine on the TV - it’s just the App with no sound

Hi @lfc2606,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with sound on your TV go app. This is certainly not ideal and we want to do our best to help regarding this. Just to clarify does the same issue occur when accessing TV go via weblink? https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html How long has this issue been ongoing? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app to see if the issues persist?

Please get back to us when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

lfc2606
Tuning in

Without doing an extensive test, it’s definitely on Dave and Channel 4

For the shows I’m having an issue with, you cannot stream them off the box without the App so the browser test won’t work for me.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lfc2606,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your ongoing TVGo issue.

I'm glad to hear that you have been able to narrow it down to the two impacted channels. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem and that you're unable to run the tests through the browser. 

Does this issue happen on all programmes you try to play back from these channels, or just some?
Have there been any further updates on this issue since you last posted? Keep us updated if you can.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs