cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on recordings on TV Go

dancraig1
Tuning in

Hi,

I have been experiencing the same over the last few weeks. I have Virgin 360 and had recorded some programs on Sky F1.

When I watch these back on the latest TV Go iPad app I get no sound. Live streams work well

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

During playback tap anywhere on the screen to reveal the menus.

Tap the most central icon toward the top right.

Select audio channel “English 2”

Once the tick is on the right selection click “Done” at the top right of the selection box.

That’s all there is to it.

But…. Be prepared to repeat these steps every time you play or restart play of an HD recording.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dancraig1, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you've encountered an issue with No Sound on recordings via TV Go.

Have you noticed if this impacts recordings on your TV box as well, or does the problem seem to lie with TV Go specifically?
Also, have you made sure the app and your device's OS are both up to date with the latest versions? 

If you haven't already, please try deleting/re-installing the apps to see if that makes any difference & keep us updated.

Tom 

Hi,

the recordings are fine on the box itself, it is just the TV go app that has the problem. 
the app and OS are up to date on my iPad and reinstalling the app doesn’t fix it unfortunately.

thanks, Dan

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details Dan.

Just to clarify does the same issue occur when accessing TV Go via weblink on your iPad? https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html

Please do let us know!

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi, when I sign into the website, I see all of my saved programs, but I can only click to watch on TV or edit the series recording. I can not actually watch on the web browser. I tried on both chrome and safari.

Note to test this, I had to Uninstall the app in order to stop to automated deeplink into the app

thanks, Dan

Thanks Dan, 

Can you confirm if it's an issue on any specific channel or just one?

Alex_Rm

Hi

i have tested a few recordings. Recording from Sky sports F1 HD, sky Arts HD and sky comedy HD have no sound. However recordings from yesterday, bbc 1 and Nick jr all have sound.

Thanks, Dan

This matches the iPAdiPhone app bug I reported a couple of days ago....

All HD channels appear to be recording on audio channel "English 2".

Whilst all SD channels appear to be recording on audio channel "English 1".

The workaround is to select the "English 2" audio channel AND CLICK "DONE". Yes, that last bit caught me out.

Unfortunately you will need to do this for all HD recordings, and also after every time you pause and resume playback.

The iPad/Iphone app seems to flip back to "English 1" pretty much every time you see the spinning buffering symbol.

Another alternative is to use Android as that app works nicely with both HD and SD recordings.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details @dancraig1

Have you tried the workaround @spedwards suggested to select the "English 2" audio channel and click 'Done'?

How are things working for you now?

Kind regards,

Serena

I have the same issue..

Please can you let me know where to find these settings to change.. on the iPad? Our is it on the menu of the V6 box?

Thanks