cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to get sky sports live on iPad

eltel47
Joining in

After years of being able to view sky sports live on my iPad, I am suddenly unable to get any live programs on the same iPad, when attempting to access via the app all I get is a spinning wheel, although I can still get the home page. Have not changed any settings or done anything different. Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi eltel47, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues when viewing Sky Sports via your iPad. 

Can you please confirm if you are using the Sky Sports app for this? 

Also, are all other channels working when using the TV Go app? 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi,

Yes I am using the Sky Sports app and if it helps this is what I have tried so far !

1. logged out of the account and logged back in _ no effect.

2. Turned off iPad and back in again - no effect.

3. Deleted Sky Sports app, downloaded app again from app store and logged in again - no effect 

4. Accessed Sky sports on my mac and could view with no problem.

So the problem seems to be restricted to the iPad. As an aside no problem with live tv on Virgin TV Go although can't access Sky sports on that.

Hi,

Forgot to mention can't view anything on Sky Go either just get spinning wheel, on Sky Sports app the spinning wheel eventually comes up with "Video unavailable a problem was encountered please try again later" message

Thank you for that information eltel47. 

Can you confirm if you have been able to try this via the web browser and not the app? If so, what was the outcome?

^Martin

Hi,

Have tried but not sure if doing it right in that can log into sky sports via the internet but when trying to access any sky sports channels I seem to get stuck into a permanent “log in” loop ie logging in just returns me back to the same place. Hope that all makes sense ! 

Hi

Update, have been playing with settings and found that turning off private relay in iCloud settings solves the problem and I can view live sky sports on the iPad which is strange because private relay has been turned on before with no problem and is also turned on on other apple devices with no problem just this one particular iPad ? Far more complicated than my brain can figure out !

I'm glad that seems to now be working for you now. I'm unsure why turning that off has resolved that. 

^Martin