cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No iPad access

warkgl
On our wavelength

Hi

2 months ago I took out an offer for sky sports to be available on as I wanted to watchF1 on my iPad air2 Simple and to start it worked. Now when I go to log in it shows could not play channel your subscription doesn’t allow you to watch this channel. 
what is going on as I can watch on my home tv with this offer

warkgl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @warkgl

For Sky Sports access on the Go, you'll need to download the Sky Sports app, then log in to it with your My Virgin Media online account details. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not sure from your post what this offer was, or indeed what/how you're trying to watch. I'm presuming from your F1 reference that you're trying to watch a Sky Sports channel - is that right?

Do you currently subscribe to Sky Sports? And if so, can you explain what you're trying to do and what's not working?

I could give suggestions based on assumptions, but they could be completely wrong and it's probably better to confirm what the issue is, first.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi warkgl, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue with watching F1 on your iPad. 

Taking a look at your account I can see you've since spoken to the team and they were able to resolve the issues you were having. 

If you are having any further issues, pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

warkgl
On our wavelength

I have indeed spoken to customer service but the problem is NOT resolved.  I took advantage of a V media  offer for 12 months of viewing sky sports SD. 
At the start of the offer I was able to watch vie VM GO anywhere on another device without any problem.

to do this I have to leave Go and go to Sky. I then get shown the message ‘you are not subscribed’

warkgl
On our wavelength

Hi 

I am not a sky customer but taken advantage of the VM offer for 12 months. I am able to get the sky sports on my home TV but I would like to watch it on my IPad Air. I was able to this to start with but not able to now

Thanks for coming back to us @warkgl, can you please advise me if you have the same error message when you try to use an alternative device to view the content?

Have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if this allows you to access the content?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports channels have never been available via TV Go, they're listed in that app but it's a shortcut to the Sky-branded app.

At that point, you need to login using the VM-UK password prompt, not the prominent one that's for Sky TV customers.

Is this what you're doing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

warkgl
On our wavelength
Hello
I think Between you all I might have worked it out. At first, when I took the subscription I was watching F1 on Sky Sports HD. Initially and I think this was an error on their part and then stopped me watching. I hadn't realized that and now SD channels have been taken off VM Tv Go and you can only now watch HD channels to which I am not signed up for.

Hi @warkgl

For Sky Sports access on the Go, you'll need to download the Sky Sports app, then log in to it with your My Virgin Media online account details. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill