cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Eurosport cycling

Jamesfids
Joining in

On the virgin tv go app recently I’ve tried watch some cycle races on Eurosport but when I go, it says 

‘Unavailable’ 

it’s clearly particular cycle races as on Eurosport 1 at the same time I can see whatever sport is playing then; and as soon as the race is finished, I’ll be able to watch whatever programme is on after.

Does anyone know why I can’t watch certain cycle races live on the app but can at home on Eurosport on the TiVo box? 
Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are, very occasionally, rights restrictions on individual programmes. From your description, that's probably the case here.

If you can cite specific events, others may be able to try it to replicate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Japitts

today it was the Strade Bianchi race from 1230-1630 and couldn’t access that

last weekend it was Kurnne Brussels Kurnne

neither we’re available to watch 

thanks 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For what it's worth, the Strade Bianchi replay is working OK on my TV Go at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah I think the replays work, it’s just the love cycling (which is the bit I want to follow!) 

just checked right now and Eurosport 1 - live skiing I can watch

but Eurosport 2 - live cycling Grote Prijs Jean Pierre cycling says ‘not available. Sorry we can’t play this at the momey’

youre right, must be a rights thing which is a shame as being able to watch live races was a big pull for me having virgin (with Eurosport) 

thanks