Menu
rob_iii
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Naming of registered devices

Hi,

We seem to have lost the ability to provide a name for the devices we have registered.  Indeed when provided the option to replace an existing registered device, the currently register devices are both presents as "My computer - google chrome" so I have no idea which one I want to replace.  I am not given so much as a "registered since" date to distinguish between the two.  If I choose the wrong one, then I am left without access to the service from my personal laptop for up to a month, which is a rather annoying inconvenience.  I know your support can assist, but whio has time to sit on hold for 30 minutes a go, especially when the match you want to watch is starting?

VM's online help pages say you can name the devices.  When I call support they tell me you can change the name of the devices.  It's just not true though, the feature is lost.  Please bring it back ASAP!!!

Rob

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Naming of registered devices

I'd suggest naming each device uniquely before installing the TV Go app on it or using any method to stream TV Go content to it. In Windows 10 using Settings => System => About => Rename this PC you can change the name of your device and that is reflected in the name Virgins system registers it as using the TV Go app. I don't view TV Go via a browser anymore as Windows 10 is supported by the App, that said if you're on Windows 7 or 8.x (you didn't say) I've no experience getting that working with the TV Go service sorry.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Naming of registered devices

Hi rob_iii, welcome to our community forums.

I am sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with this, you should have the ability to name the device when you initially register the device on the TVGo service. If you de-register one of the listed devices and let us know if this stops you from accessing it from your laptop we should be able assist you with getting access back on your laptop.

Thanks

Tom_S

0 Kudos