cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must be on same network as the box to watch recordings

Marko121
Joining in

I’m constantly getting the message only available at home and I must be on the same network. I am at home and on the same network. Virgin Go is terrible 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using Android or iOS?

Are you a TiVo/V6 or TV-360 user?

Have you verified in your router that both your TV box and mobile device have a local IP address on the same subnet?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks I’m on android and iOS and getting the same message on both 

how do you verify in the router? 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Marko121,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your recordings.

I located your account using your forums details, I can see that you should be able to use this. Have you tried rebooting your Hub and trying again?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley. Yes. All of that has been tried and then some. 

I think it could be an issue with the Virgin WiFi booster as it happens more when I’m not in the same room as the hub? 

thanks 

Hi Marko121, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and for confirming you have already rebooted the hub. 

You've mentioned this error happens when your device is connected to the WiFi booster. Are you able to connect to the same network as the TV box? If so, do you get the same error message or does this then work for you?

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. The tablet is on the same network, there is only 1 network in the house. 

cheers

jools19797979
Tuning in

Hi there,

I am also getting the same message. I have done all of the above and also only have one network. Curiously it works on my iPhone but not my iPad.

Both are on most recent iOS. 

thanks

32287566-DB7A-4AB7-A4F0-B6BF13C2CC2E.jpeg

Hi Marko121, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Even though you only have one network, the booster usually shows as a different name to connect too. So the devices will actually think it's 2 different networks. 

When taking the booster out of the equation, do thinks work as they should then?

Let us know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs