cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum devices reached! again!

TFD
On our wavelength

So here we go again every few months I go through this battle re devices - BUT im not sure why as I am allowed 5 and only ever use the SAME TWO see screen shot - so this week bad timing missing both Eufa & Champions league matchesvirgin too many devices.jpgvirgin6.jpgvirginB 2020-08-19 201609.jpgvirgind.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @TFD 

Thanks for your post. Really sorry for the delay in response and to hear you've been having issues with your TV Go App. 

I'm sorry that the device limit was reached. If this is Windows 10 you will need to use the browser moving forward. I'm sorry that it's taken the device limits, have you since been able to speak to the team for help or do you still need us to refresh this for you? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Protecting the relevant VM TV Go cookies from deletion should avoid this duplicate registration.

However, there seems to be a larger issue at the moment with the Google Chrome and MS Edge chrome browsers.  Posts have suggested that Firefox isn't currently affected by the issue ( you still need to preserve the relevant cookies).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

TFD
On our wavelength

thats the odd thing, thx for replying, i use the windows tvgo app so i cant work out why its keeping saying chrome etc

TFD
On our wavelength
So today I will miss the "BIG" game on BT Sport (Again)
I get so frustrated with this I ONLY use 2 devices - At the moment when you log onto TVGO it's telling you to download the app - BUT when you load the app it tells you its discontinued & to use web player - I now cant watch Sport as it says im using a new device This in some shape or form going on for well over a year, clearly you need another way of determining the device used as VIRGINS own advice when any issue with Internet is to clear cache & cookies etc - which knocks out the saved device - can someone please re set it!!

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @TFD 

Thanks for your post. Really sorry for the delay in response and to hear you've been having issues with your TV Go App. 

I'm sorry that the device limit was reached. If this is Windows 10 you will need to use the browser moving forward. I'm sorry that it's taken the device limits, have you since been able to speak to the team for help or do you still need us to refresh this for you? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

TFD
On our wavelength

Hi there

It's an on going battle because when you clean cookies it then thinkks your using new device etc

no not spoken to anyone am deaf so I dont call yes please re set so can use ( but it will only bw a few days 😞 

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Not to worry, I will private message you now to take some details @TFD

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

TFD
On our wavelength

Hi

Yet again same issue & it just adds a device number everytime i click add device

My frustration here is that YET again I cant watch the sport especially the football tonight

I only have 2 devices I use I do have my cookie for virgin stored so it's not touched ( everytime you log issue though virgin tell you to delete cookies) But I haven't & this keeps happening & is a known issue so SURLY virgin SHOULD find another way forward as the cookie is being eaten by the cookie monster!!virgin max.jpgvirgin 7.jpgvirgin 6.jpg

TFD
On our wavelength
This is still on going - please arrange for all Virgin stuff to be removed

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @TFD

I am so sorry to hear that you have reached the maximum number of devices again, would you like me to reset the TV Go  Devices for you now?

Please let me know,

Serena