Menu
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Maximum allowed users is two but stops working after one sky sports

I wanted to watch out of my house on laptop and my wife wanted to watch on tablet as she was heading up to bed. As soon as she was logged in watching I was unable to watch out of the house it said maximum number of users is two but we only had one connected .

The addition of four devices is great but if my family can only watch on one device it is useless. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maximum allowed users is two but stops working after one sky sports

Sky channels are limited to one concurrent stream. So that's one thing at a time in TV Go and then in the Sky Sports and Cinema apps.

Unfortunately for some reason the message in the Sky apps incorrectly say two streams at the moment. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

All other channels in TV Go are two concurrent streams at the moment.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

My wife and I have been using two streams at once for years one of us out of the house and the other at home.

When was this change made? I will be cancelling my contract over this .

@BenMcr wrote:

Sky channels are limited to one concurrent stream. So that's one thing at a time in TV Go and then in the Sky Sports and Cinema apps.

Unfortunately for some reason the message in the Sky apps incorrectly say two streams at the moment. Hopefully they'll fix that soon.

All other channels in TV Go are two concurrent streams at the moment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me add this to every post. My Router is more than capable of handling the speed. Also all tests are done wired.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I believe that it's part of the changes that included the increase to six device slots for registration.

0 Kudos
Lozsta
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

What a ridiculous change. It has always been two devices and both worked. Why increase it to 6 and cut the stream amount in half?

Where is the update about this?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It's the same for Sky's own customers unless they pay extra for certain TV add ons.

So I guess as part of the agreement to allow the extra devices for Sky Cinema and Sports, Sky and Virgin also agreed to align the concurrent stream rules for Sky content.

0 Kudos
s9750
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

How long has this been the case. Discovered it tonight while watching Liverpool game o n Sky sports on laptop and get a message from my son at work to say he cannot watch the game on his phone as it says maximum amount of users has been reached. What's the point of being able to register 6 devices if you can only use 1.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there.

Thanks for your post.

Sorry if Sky limit the number of Sky Channels and On Demand  content that can be viewed across the Virgin TV GO and Sky Cinema/Sky Sports apps to stream at a time. The change is taking place due to Sky changing their policy. It took effect last April 1.

Hope this will help.

^elvee_o

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@s9750. What's the point of being able to register 6 devices if you can only use 1.

None at all. Get Now TV.  I have sports + sports mobile pass and get three streams for less than £15/month. Glad I dumped sky sports with Virgin last month.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@s9750. What's the point of being able to register 6 devices if you can only use 1.

None at all. Get Now TV.  I have sports + sports mobile pass and get three streams for less than £15/month. Glad I dumped sky sports with Virgin last month.

All of Now TV's help says they are restricted to two streams, same as Virgin TV are for the majority of their content.

0 Kudos