Menu
Shaka
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maximum Devices Reached

I am always astounded at the ineptitude that seems to constantly be displayed by Virgin Media. For some reason now my computer that yesterday was able to watch TV is now not recognised as a registered device. My last windows update was 21/12/2018. Google Chrome has not updated. I would say I cannot believe it but I can.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maximum Devices Reached

Hi Shaka, 

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear you're having some problems with the registered devices. 

Have you checked what devices you've  got registered on your account? You can do this by going to virgintvgo.virginmedia.com, then select settings>device management. 

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Shaka
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes of course I have checked what devices I have registered. They are the same devices I have had registered for 3 years. Today after waiting for a month I went on to try my luck again. I could watch using my PC. Then I turned off the PC and guess what. Maximum number of devices reached crap back again. Can register new device in 27 days.
My Computer - Google Chrome
27 days
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shaka,

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with this. 

We have reset your registered devices. You should now be able to use TV Go on your PC. If you have any further issues with this, please let us know.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Shaka
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but it is not working. Was able to watch Roma v Porto on BT Sport. Then the next day the same problem. I can only assume that the way you decide to 'police' your 2 devices policy is via a cookie. Which is not being retained in my Chrome settings. I do not have this problem with say Neflix which also has a limit on the devices. Also because you have one go at changing the cookie setting I now have to wait. Perhaps you could tell me the cookie I need to save. When I looked at the cookies in Chrome I saved all the Virgin cookies and it still mucked up.

0 Kudos
mousemart
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's a stupid way of checking to see if your device is registered, I think there are more files involved than just cookies, the only way to check is to use a process explorer and see what files are used.

Regardless of what files are used, simple housework on your computer will wipe these files and your left with a re-registration of a device.

For a long time companies like Microsoft have been able to generate a unique hardware key for licencing issues, a system like this would be much better as the only time you'd need to change a device would be on a major hardware change.

These guys are in the dark ages
0 Kudos