cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to Sky Sports & BT app on LG TV

wibblewibble
Tuning in

Hello!

I'm considering moving to Virgin & taking the package with Sky Sports.

Can anyone confirm if they are able to login to the LG TV Sky Sports app with Virgin Media credentials?  Or is that  app just for Sky Sports subscribers.

And with BT Sport - do you know if you're able to login to the BT Sport app on TVs that have it with Virgin creds? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @wibblewibble 

The Stream box is one per household and can't be mixed with any other VM TV package/ box

If you take out the Ultimate Volt package then the second TV360 box is included in the overall cost.

Any other package and it's £10 extra for the first additional box, and a further £5 a month for any other additional boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @wibblewibble 

I have an LGTV and the Sky Sports app isn't available on my TV.  

Using a browser you can sign into skysports.com but when trying to play anything you are met with "This content is not available on your device"

You can only access BT Sports via the VM TVGO app, which isn't available on LG TV's. 

The BT Sports app isn't available to VM customers.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks that helps.

If you run TV on the go app on a laptop, and watch Sky Sports on there, does it work if you connect an HDMI to the TV?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a Sky Sports subscription on your VM TV service, then you can view the broadcast channels via your set-top-box. That then connects to your TV via an HDMI lead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hii @wibblewibble 

I have been able to use TVGO on my TV  via HDMI from both laptops and PC's and that allows me to play BT Sports on the TV

I've  also had no problems watching Sky Sports on a PC/laptop

I've had mixed fortunes watching SkySports using an HDMI cable from the laptop/PC  - it sometimes fails if the HDMI cable is already connected to the TV  when I open Sky Sports Player, but generally works if I connect the HDMI after I've started playing the channel on my PC/laptop.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks again.

I see the extra Mini is £10/month.

Do you know if a Stream box does the same thing, but without the monthly cost?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @wibblewibble 

The Stream box is one per household and can't be mixed with any other VM TV package/ box

If you take out the Ultimate Volt package then the second TV360 box is included in the overall cost.

Any other package and it's £10 extra for the first additional box, and a further £5 a month for any other additional boxes.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wibblewibble 

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your interest in joining Virgin Media 🙂

I can see that our awesome VIP's have supported you on your queries. If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley