cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log in to Apple TV with Sky Go App to watch Sky Sports with Virgin Media credentials

Greeners19
Joining in

Please could anyone help, I am unable to login to the Sky Go app using my Virgin Media login credentials to watch Sky Sky as part of my package on my Apple TV.

I have:

• Apple TV box 
  • Virgin Media tv, broadband and calls
  • Sky Sports as part of my Virgin package

Does anyone have a way they have been able to get this to work or is it not a feature of the Sky Go app on Apple TV?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Greeners19 

Virgin Media customers don't have access to the Sky Go app.

If you are wanting to use the Sky Go app then you must be a customer of Sky

If you are wanting to watch Sky Sports then you need to use the Sky Sports web browser add on on a PC or Mac, or download the Sky Sports app to use on an android or ios device.

As far as I know the Sky Sports app is not supported on Apple TV's, but hope to be proven wrong.

You might be able to airplay Sky sports on Apple TV using an ios device, or screen mirror using a MAC, or an android, ios device, although Sky try to prevent casting/mirroring to other devices.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Greeners19, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome the community. I am sorry to hear you cannot access Sky Sports. 

To watch Sky Go you need to download the app, and go to the bottom and log in. It will say ' Log in via Virgin Media"

Right now the app does not support Apple TV and it can only be watched through the app on a phone / tablet / laptop. 

This is the same with Virgin TV Go also.

I am sorry about any trouble this may cause. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?