cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence Error Code

nigelar
On our wavelength

Tried Virgin TV Go app today on my Google Pixel C Tablet running Android 8.1.0.

It is returning an error message "Sorry - we can't play this at the moment (Licence error code.Licence invalid). This error on most channels except a few.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Version 4.34.23105.

Working ok on my mobile device.

Thank you

26 REPLIES 26

Hi @ktomlin, thanks for your reply and sorry that this didn't seem to work for you.

I can definitely try and wipe all of your registered devices as per your request, to try and see if it works when you have a clean slate.

Firstly though, I'll pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some security details so I can do this for you.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for your help. Requested info sent.

Hi @ktomlin, thanks so much for confirming the details I requested via PM - just responding publicly now so we can keep the trail going on here.

I've reset all of your registered devices from Virgin TV Go, so even the ones that were working for you previously should ask you to register them again.

Don't try any that worked previously though just yet, as we want to give you a clean slate to try the device that wasn't working for you.

Kindly try (another) factory reset of your tablet if possible, and then install the Virgin TV Go app and then try this once again - fingers crossed and keep us updated!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Unfortunately it didn't work. The list of registered devices is clear, no devices registered. I can't do another factory reset as I have an app needed for work installed and set up now. I cleared the cache, cleared all data, and un-installed TV GO, then re-installed. After signing in, trying to view e.g. E4 HD or REALLY I still do not get the prompt to add this as a registered device. I only get the error "Not Available Sorry - we can't play this at the moment (LicenseErrorCode.license.invalid). Sky Arts HD is the only working channel. I have also tried various random shows under Box Sets & Movies - same error, same no prompt to add as a registered device.

I have not yet tried a previously working device.

Hi ktomlin, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear that the latest checks haven't changed the situation at all. 

Based on the fact things are working on other devices we can only assume the issue with the tablet itself. Due to this, there isn't much more we can help with directly I'm afraid. 

The community may be able to provide some further support with things they may have tried  and you may also be able to find support on the devices manufacturer forums instead but we've reached the end of our diagnostics I'm afraid. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I guess that's thanks for nothing. It's not good to blame the customer or customer's device foe what looksa like a bug in the app.

I've found my own work around. I installed firefox on the tablet and use the browser version. I got the prompt to register the device and can now watch at least sopme stuff. As the browser version is working the issue is likely to be with the app. Maybe it will be fixed in a future version.

Sorry you feel this way @ktomlin. Our forum team will always do what we can to help with 3rd party device issues, unfortunately, this sometimes falls out of our support/knowledge scope. Our VIP's are incredible helpful and knowledgeable and may be able to help further with this, as the issue seems to be with the device's compatibility with the app itself. 

I'm glad to her that you have found a workaround and hopefully this will be resolved with future updates to both our app and/or your tablets software. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley