cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence Error Code

nigelar
On our wavelength

Tried Virgin TV Go app today on my Google Pixel C Tablet running Android 8.1.0.

It is returning an error message "Sorry - we can't play this at the moment (Licence error code.Licence invalid). This error on most channels except a few.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Version 4.34.23105.

Working ok on my mobile device.

Thank you

26 REPLIES 26

Hi there @nigelar,

sorry to see you are still having issues with this. We have tested things on our end and they seem fine.

Just to confirm the device has been rooted or jailbroken has it? Also do you have any mirror or casting apps on the device running too as this can have an impact?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

nigelar
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply.

No the device has not been rooted/jailbroken.

I am not running any mirroring or casting apps.

As mentioned before the "Sky Arts" channel works. Nothing else does. Why/how is that?

Hello, I have exactly the same problem with a brand new tablet. I am getting the exact same error when I try most channels. Also I do not get the error on Sky Arts. I am not using a VPN. The device has not been rooted or jailbroken. I am not running any mirroring or casting apps.

My tablet is running Android 11 (API 30). I have other devices that work.

I never got the prompt to add this as a registered device. Could this be the problem?

Thanks

nigelar
On our wavelength

I think the "MWTT broker disconnected" diagnostic messsge may be a red herring as the same message appears on my phone version of the app which works perfectly across all channels.

Hi @nigelar, thanks for your reply and patience.

Also apologies @ktomlin that you're having the same problem.

It's a good point regarding the fact you never received the invitation to register it as a new device.

Could both of you kindly use a device that does work with TV Go, and check if your devices (that don't work with TV Go) are displaying as a registered device? It may also be worth resetting your registered devices completely and trying this again.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hello, that for looking into this. For me, on a device that is working, under device management I CANNOT see the new, non-working tablet. Also, on the working device under "CAN BE CHANGED IN" I can see 'Replace' in red under all devices. The working device is shown as 'Current Device'.

On the non-working device, under Device Management, I can see all the current devices, but I DO NOT see 'Replace' in red under 'CAN BE CHANGED IN'. On the non-working device I do not have the option to replace an existing device. It appears that there is no way to register this device with TV GO.

How can I reset all my registered devices? I thought only someone from VM can do that.

Thanks

nigelar
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply Tom_w.

On the working device (phone), both deviced are shown, with the phone being current.

There is no delete device function

There is a "replace" function nect to both devices. When i press the button next to the pixel tablet it asks me if i want to replace the device with the (lg) phone.

I don't but pressed the button anyway. It replies with an error message "sorry etc... try again in a few minutes"

On the tablet both devices are shown. No delete/remove function.

Thank you for that information. I would like to check over this further for you and so I will private message you to confirm some details. 

In the meantime would you be able to factory reset your tablet for me and then once that is completed, please only download the Tv Go app and see if you're able to use this?

^Martin

nigelar
On our wavelength

Thank you for your reply Martin.

Success.

I did a full factory reset and the app now appears to be working correctly.

Thank you again (I guess there is no need to reply to your PM now).

For me, a factory reset (twice) did not work. I still get the same error, and I still cannot register my new tablet as a device. Unfortunately this is not solved for me.