Menu
Daveyk
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latest version of skysports desktop player

Hi Rose,

In addition to the matter that we have been trying to sort out, I now find that I can only watch sky sports news and sky sports mix on my android mobile. I want to watch the football but when I press the arrow to watch the football on the skysports app there is a message saying that this content can only be watched on the Sky Sports Mobile app, Sky Go or NOW TV, but only Sky or NOW TV subscribers can gain access via these apps!  My Sky Sports app used to work fine, but now doesn't work on these premium sports channels.

Also although my mobile shows the correct devices listed on the Sky Device Settings page, when I access the same page on my laptop it only shows a mobile device registered and not my laptop. 

Any help you can give me will be most welcome as I am fast losing my patience.

Dave

0 Kudos
Daveyk
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,
My mobile is now playing the skysports premium channels thankfully. I uninstalled the skysports app and then reinstalled it and the problem was solved.
Still having problems with my laptop though.
Dave
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 13 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Daveyk,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad you're able to view the Sky channels on your mobile.

I have contacted the team in charge regarding this and they can confirm that Sky are aware of the problem and are trying to get this resolved. 

Unfortunately we're unable to provide a fix time but error VG-4227858839 means that the CiscoVideoGuardMonitor process is not running on your machine.

If you restart your machine this should kick-start the process into running and you should then be able to play video.

If that still doesn't work, you will need to uninstall the Sky Sports app and then re-install a fresh copy from the Sky Sports website. Please close all video player apps during the uninstall/install process, e.g. both the Sky Sports/Sky Cinema apps.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Daveyk
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your continued interest.

I have tried everything you have said but nothing has worked.

I guess that I will have to wait for Sky to sort out the fix.

Kind regards,

Dave

0 Kudos
Daveyk
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

I have followed all your instructions to the letter but regret that I still can't get the player to work.

I'll keep trying and await a further update from Sky.

It is very inconvenient though.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Dave 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry to hear it's still the same.

Yes as mentioned previously Sky are aware of the issue and we're working closely to get this resolved.

I'm glad you can use the app on your mobile but I do understand the inconvenience it's causing with the player so hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ch3aptrick
Dialled in
Message 17 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I had the Vm error codes but now it just a buffer logo and nothing

I have tried all things like deletion and turning anti virus off with no joy.

This is an issue thats been going on for months now again useless service and just kiddy script replies ofVM mods

0 Kudos
th001b7772
Joining in
Message 18 of 31
Flag for a moderator

You have got to go to user/appdata/roaming/sky/skysports/redist then run CiscoVideoGuard.exe.

It seems like the sky install app doesn't install ciscovideoguard which is needed.

0 Kudos
Daveyk
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I've tried installing the Cisco Video Guard program but whilst it installs OK, I still cannot get skysports on my laptop. The program either just keeps buffering or gives the previous VG error code.

It's now almost the end of March and I have had this problem since the end of the year. I have tried so many 'fixes' but none of them work!

I also have the same problem with Sky Cinema!

The promised update from Sky hasn't materialised.

Whilst it may not be Virgin's problem to fix, can you at least put some pressure upon Sky to get the thing sorted asap please.

Dave 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Ch3aptrick
Dialled in
Message 20 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Its been snowing they have not had time to ge tto there keyboards bless em

0 Kudos