Menu
manceddie
Tuning in
Message 21 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kindle Fire and TV Go?

Virgin customer support are saying the virgin tv go app is not supported on kindle fire ......
0 Kudos
Toxophilite
Tuning in
Message 22 of 27
Flag for a moderator

They may not support it Eddie but it works great when you get it installed using the above directions via Google Play Store.

The real question is why won't they put TV Go on the Amazon app store? Probably because they haven't tested it on the Kindle Fire so won't support.

I've tested it for them. It works great.

Toxophilite
Tuning in
Message 23 of 27
Flag for a moderator

The TvGo won't install on Fire HDX due to old version off Fire OS and Amazon have no desire to upgrade/support the HDX OS to version 5.

Kindle Fire's 5th generation work fine and all APKs install without parsing errors.

0 Kudos
manceddie
Tuning in
Message 24 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Great tip thanks for that! All loaded just need to get VM to reset device allocations now ....

0 Kudos
Dave_Cee
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Just my luck. I change my tablet to a Kindle Fire only to find Virgin TV Go isn't supported. One of the reasons I changed was my Hudl tablet didn't seem to work with Virgin TV Go. Not to worry. Even a technophobe like me managed to do the install of the Google Play Store as per Sol's link and I now have TV Go installed and it seems to be working. Thank you Sol.

It would be nice if VM provided the TV Go App for Kindle Fire users via the Amazon Appstore.
Highlighted
Jojocox
Joining in
Message 26 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I have just got new v6 box. Have downloaded control app to kindle as l hoped to download shows to watch later. Seems to work fine, just annoying that you can't save to sd card for more storage.

0 Kudos
Stuart_M_H
Joining in
Message 27 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant, thank you so much Sol. Now I don't suppose you can also sort out the horrific mess Sky have made of their new and unusable Sky Go app???!!!!

0 Kudos