cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue registering with my detail on Virgin GO TV

darylmccartney
Joining in

Back in November-ish, I ran my previous contract upto the point of disconnecting my services with Virgin, once disconnected I then I took a new deal. With my previous account number I had used virgin go tv with out any issues.

My problem now is, and has been since re-joining virgin, because I now have a new/different deal after my services were disconnected, I also have a new account number. But my previous account number also used the same email address to the main account holder (me), as this new account number also does.

Just clarify that - my old email address is used on Virgin GO TV with my old account number (no services) therefore I cant sign up to Virgin GO TV using the same email address and new account number because I comes up as 'someone is already using this email'.

I have to sign in and monitor my current services on the virgin media page using a secondary email I have registered to my account for this purpose. But using a secondary email on Virgin GO TV can not be done.

So when I sign into my virgin media account (not the GO TV app) using my same email address, it opens up to my old account suggesting that I no longer have services with Virgin. With Virgin GO TV it simply says.

'Sign in is currently not possible. Please check back soon.'

...it has said this every time I have tried to sign in since taking out my new account with Virgin. So now I am guessing its probably not a general problem on Virgins part as to why I cant login.

I am guessing that I need my old account to be closed and removed from the system so that I can use my same email address with my most recent account number when registering with Virgin GO TV.

Never able get my issue across to someone over the phone though! I am at a dead on. Hence the post here

10 REPLIES 10

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @darylmccartney

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post; sorry that you're having some issues with your online account and accessing the TVGo app.

As you have a new account number, you will need a new online MyVirginMedia account registering. Once you have registered with your new account, you'll then be able to log into the TVGo using your new online account login information. 

From locating your account from your forum information, we can see you have registered a new online account already with an email address; this email is different to the one you have set up as a contact email from within your MyVirginMedia account. 

To use the TVGo app, you'll need to log in with the same email address you used to set up your online account; not the contact email address you have used. If you need clarification on what emails you have used to sign up for your new MyViriginMedia account, please pop back and let me know and we can go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Thank you for the informative reply Katie. The email address I have registered to VirginMedia account is my work email, the reason for this was because my own personal email address was still the registered email address to my old Virgin account. I myself cant seem to get rid of this email address from that account, so that I can use it with my new account. Therefore I used my work email at the time so that I could monitor my account on VirginMedia.

Can I some how have both VirginMedia app accounts closed, then I can re-register using my personal email address alongside my current Virgin account. As you can probably imagine I do not want my work email address against my personal accounts. At this I had no option because I need to register one way or the other to access my account information and data.

Thank you

Cheers for popping back @darylmccartney

Whilst we can't close down your new MyVM account, we can delete your email address from your old online account. You'll then be able to log into your new MyVM account and change your username/log in to the email address you want to use; would that suit? 

What I'll do is pop you a Private Message so we can go through security with you and get the correct email address and old account details and we can go from there. Look out for the purple envelope in the top left and pop me a reply when you can!

Thanks!

Katie - Forum Team

darylmccartney
Joining in

Just to highlight here, virgin have done absolutely nothing about this.

darylmccartney
Joining in

Just to raise this one again, in hope to have someone address the issue that has again seemingly been brushed under the carpet?

Anyone there to help?

Thank you for getting back in touch with us @darylmccartney.

Sorry to hear you have not heard back in regards to this. I will chase this up with our team for an update.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

darylmccartney
Joining in

Raising this one again consider sweet FA has been done about this and right now I am actually having issues with my TV package. 

HI darylmccartney,

Sorry to hear this is ongoing. Just to clarify. Are you still able to log in using the secondary email?

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,
Thank you for the reply.
My primary email address is the main email address against my virgin media account/products. @hotmail.co.uk

My secondary email address is my work email, the one I am having to use to login to virginmedia app/My Virgin media etc, because my primary email has a different account number against it and will not let me use the same email address against a different account number.

Any yes I can log into this page and the My virgin media page, using the secondary email address. But not the Virgin GO TV app. This will only let me log in using my primary email address, but I cant because it is against my previous account number.

Hope you can help.

Thanks