cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Nothing Shown In HD On The TV GO App?

AfxTwn
On our wavelength

Hi, I have the app for my iPad, Android smartphone and on my Windows 10 desktop. I have even tried using it in my browser via Chrome and none of the channels despite saying they are in HD, show an actual HD quality image. Neither does any of the On Demand content.

I have been using the app on my iPad and phone whilst sat in the same room as the Hub 3 router, so I have a very good wi-fi connection and when using my PC (either through the app or the Chrome browser), my computer has a direct ethernet connection to the router so I don't think my connection is the issue.

I just want to know if HD content is only available on your box (mine's a V6) that's connected to the TV and not on the TV Go app/browser?

The quality of the standard SD pictures through the app is pretty poor and very noticeable in dark scenes or anything with a dark/black background. There is lots of noise in the picture and other problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apart from ITV1, Channel 4 & Channel 5, all the content on TV Go is in SD. BBC content defaults to the iPlayer.

This is due to agreements with the broadcasters, assumedly to stop any kind of high quality casting to TV sets from mobile devices not being used at the registered account address.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apart from ITV1, Channel 4 & Channel 5, all the content on TV Go is in SD. BBC content defaults to the iPlayer.

This is due to agreements with the broadcasters, assumedly to stop any kind of high quality casting to TV sets from mobile devices not being used at the registered account address.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AfxTwn
On our wavelength
Thanks very much for the reply. I thought it might be some kind of licensing issue but I just wondered whether there were any channels in HD. I've been watching Sky Cinema content on demand through the app on my iPad or my computer and was a bit disappointed with the picture quality.

Nevermind, it's better than nothing.