cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incognito player error

JT101
Joining in

Can anyone help me. I have a problem with Virgin TVgo I cannot watch on my desktop due to player error' ie cant watch in incognito or private browser'

I have no similar problems on my mobile phone???

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you trying to watch it in a private window? Does it work ok in a mainstream window?

I can't find the other threads immediately to hand, but I seem to recall this being raised recently. And the answer was something to do with cookies being an authentication method - no cookies = no authentication = no watch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you trying to watch it in a private window? Does it work ok in a mainstream window?

I can't find the other threads immediately to hand, but I seem to recall this being raised recently. And the answer was something to do with cookies being an authentication method - no cookies = no authentication = no watch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I open virgin media in the search engine, sign in and click on virgin tvgo and I am taken to the home page but when I click on a tv programme the error message comes ups saying that i cant watch the programme in incognito, private browser or via VPN. My VPN is off and i am not watching in a incognito window?

Hi there @JT101 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see this issue is affecting your TV Go. 

Can I ask if you have tried on other browsers at all? Also I know you have mentioned that this does not happen on your phone, have you tried on another laptop or computer at all? 

Thanks again.

Hi Ash_C

i tried Edge and google and the problem remained the same.
However, I have not seen the player error for a while as I have tried opening tvgo via the browser and not by a cache.

I still have the problem with registered devices as Edge has come up twice as a registered device and each time I try to watch TV on my desktop via edge or google I am ask to register the device which will be 5 out of 5 devices registered???

Please advise

Hi JT101

Thanks for coming back to us. I'll be able to reset these for you

I'll send a PM now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JT101

Thanks for messaging me privately, 

Great to hear it seems sorted. If you do need further assistance, please pop us a public post and we can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill