cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Sky on Demand Work?

starr21
Joining in

Hello,

Earlier today I upgraded my TV package to the MaxIt TV package plus Sky Sports and BT Sports. I was told on the phone that this bundle also includes Sky On Demand. After a quick Google Virgin Media's website says:

"Don't worry, with Sky On Demand on Virgin Media, you can catch up with shows from the Sky channels in your package whenever you like via TV On Demand."

I take this to mean that programmes which have aired on any Sky channel are now available for us to watch. My wife wanted to watch The Real Manhunter which is on Sky Crime. After searching on our V6 box, we can see the show but we're being asked to pay £11.99 an episode via the Virgin Media store. Well, being asked to pay for the two episodes that are showing. There are many more than that, but they aren't showing in our searches.

Can anyone tell me whether my understanding of Sky On Demand is correct? If not, are there resources I can read to see what is actually included? Sky via Virgin Media seems to be a bit of a mess, in all honesty (no surprise though, I guess, given they're competitors)

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In common with all suppliers, including Sky themselves, not all material is available all of the time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi starr21

Thanks for your post and sorry about the confusion 

We are only able to show specific content for a set amount of time 

Its all dependent on what the programme owner allows as well 

Gareth_L