cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go App and Downloads

Retiredatast
Dialled in

Seriously VM you need to sort out the Go App.

You talk about Virgin TV on the go, well as long as you go to another room in the house! (Unless you are watching live tv on 4g)

when will we have options to ‘download’ programmes that we can watch offline?

you have taken away the TV Control app for 360 users so now we can’t even set up or manage recordings or series links when away from home.

i went into a box set a few weeks ago there was a ‘download’ button but when pressed surprise surprise it said the feature was not working and now the button has disappeared.

When watching ‘saved’ programmes PLEASE make audio commentary OFF as a default and also change the ‘English 1’ and ‘English 2’ wording to make it clearer for everyone.

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both downloads and recording scheduling and management are available in TV Go for 360 on Android and iOS.

For Downloads you need to be on Maxit TV or the older Full House TV. Recording management is available to everyone.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hello Ben

thanks for your reply.

could you please show me where on the go app I can manage my recordings because I can’t find it anywhere.

the version I have is 4.33.

I have found the downloads but like other that have posted, I want to download programmes I have ‘recorded’ to watch offline rather than box sets and PPV films.

thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Here's a previous thread about it with examples

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/360-and-TV-Go-how-to-set-recordings/m-p/4528906#M...

In regards to downloads, the TV platform that 360 runs on was originally designed as a 'cloud' only service, and in most other places it has been launched doesn't have a hard drive.

In the UK (and Ireland) it's had to be launched with a hard drive to store recordings, I believe that's due to content provider requirements here.

So unlike the V6 which has built in technology to convert recordings into a secure format that the TV Control app can understand, the 360 is designed to download from the cloud only, not local storage.

Whether recording downloads will come as part of an update, I'm couldn't tell you.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own