cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False advertising

tonyworks
Superfast

Hi,

I find it false advertising to say that you can watch programmes on your tablet when there are many that you can ONLY see on your TV.

Many of the boxed sets and live programme come up with a messages saying only on TV.

I now watch most of my programms on my tablet and do not use the TV as much, I pay to watch the programmes so why does it matter what I watch it on?

Why should there be a difference, I do not want to install extra TV,s

The app does not do as it is advertised. It does not allow you to watch all of Virginmedia, so please could Virgin make that clear when you advertise the app that  has limited use only

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be useful for you to give evidence of this advertising that says all programs available through the set top box are available via the mobile app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

E6791D27-CDF6-44C2-9385-90FDB05AD83C.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi,

I understand all that but this is only on my android tablet, at home, with TV turned off. I only have one TV and one tablet that I use, so I would expect to be able to use my tablet at home the same as if it were my TV.

Sololobo
Superstar

Extract from the Virgin Media TV Go Terms & Conditions here: https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/virgin-t...

3. Content on the Service

We may make TV content, including live TV and on demand TV, available to you via the Service from time to time. We may change, add or remove content at any time for any reason. All content remains the property of the content owner and you are granted no rights in respect of any content.

The content available for you to view on the Service depends on the TV pack you subscribe to. Not all content from the relevant TV pack will be available via the Service or on certain devices. The content available may change from time to time, as it is supplied by third parties, and is therefore out of our control.

You did read this legally binding document before you thought to complain, didn't you?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tonyworks 

Your expectation is simply wrong and my request for proof of you seeing this advertised missing from your response.

Hi,

Thank you for putting me right. I accept that perhaps it is not false advertising and my expectations of being able to watch all my programs only on my tablet was wrong. It is still a pity that you still need a TV in order to watch the programs offered by Virgin.

However it is only when you see all the terms do you realise that!

Many Thanks to Ernie_C and Sololobo for correcting me.