cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every device called My Computer - Google Chrome - unacceptable

whamer999
Tuning in

Hi all

It's SO frustrating that every device is called My Computer - Google Chrome within Device Management.

Virgin, you must give us more information to go on - a registration date, a last used date, a MAC ID, or literally anything to identify which device is which.

When I'm given the option to name a device I always do, but the problem is that this option isn't always offered. And as we can't rename them, we can't rename the current device either.

It's utter madness - I've seen many forum posts where you tell us this feature isn't available and that just isn't an acceptable answer.

We need either more information, or, the ability to rename the current device.  Paying £80/month and we can't even tell which of our devices are which.

Not only this but on devices I know I have registered before and then a new registration is used and another My Computer - Google Chrome comes up yet again.

device management.JPG

24 REPLIES 24

Thankyou,

I know there is a 5 device limit. I do not have 5 devices!

The problems for PC users with the TV GO app are

•    the same device being re-detected multiple times
  •    inability to delete a device
  •    the timeout before next change allowed being set wrongly

all detailed in my previous posts - and those of many others

Yes, reset please

HI pabloxyz99, I will send you a private message. Chris. 

saintben1234
Tuning in

This is utterly disgusting from Virgin Media !!  I have 2 PC's using it but under device management, there are 5 recorded as "My Computer - Google Chrome"

You do now seem to have the option of seeing what is 'current device'

But if was to login on my mobile using the app, how would I know which device to replace !!!  Chances are I would knock off one of my existing 2 devices.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @saintben1234 

Very sorry you feel this way and can appreciate this is frustrating.

Sometimes if you do have multiple tabs on different web browsers, it might register this as a device. 

It might be worth rebooting to see if this helps. 

Many thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I agree. It should allow renaming. I keep replacing the wrong Chrome Browser and getting locked out for a month. Why cant it name each one the PC network name? This would be easier to see. Or allow us to rename each device. Or even a date the device was registered would help as well. 

Waiting 12 days until hopefully i can change my devices again!

Hi @saintben1234 

Can you confirm what device(s) you use for TV Go and the browser(s) affected? It's to help us with our investigations with this TV GO issue.

Thanks,

Lisa

I use Chrome or the WIndows 10 app on my computer.  I use the Virgin TV go android app on my phone.  

There is nothing not working.  I just want to be able to rename devices on there so I can differentiate between them.  

Thank you for that clarification. Just to confirm do you regularly clear you cookies and cache from your Google Chrome browser?

^Martin 

Yes but whether or not I do it will always say "My Computer - Google Chrome"  What else would it say.  It is Google chrome but I should have the ability to rename it to whatever device I please.  This is a flaw with the system rather than it not working.

Hi saintben1234,

Thanks for coming back to us, can I confirm are you using the web browser to watch TV go on that device and not an app?

Regards

Paul.