cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code VGC-4277600256 (Sky Sports Player)

markc555
Joining in

I can't get the Sky Sports player app to work on my new Windows 11 PC. I'm successfully logged in to the Sky Sports webpage (using the Virgin Media login route). When I try watch a Sky Sports channel it reminds me that I require the Sky Sports Desktop Player which I have downloaded and installed/re-installed several times but when player window opens it fails with the error message...

We're really sorry but something went wrong. Please try connecting again.

Error code: VGC-4277600256:4277600256

I have seen it suggested that Snip & Sketch or Camtasia programs on the PC could cause this I am not using the former and don't even have the latter or indeed any screen/video capture software!

I am able to use the Sky Sports Player app on an older Windows 10 PC connected to the same home network so it has be something on the new Windows 11 PC

Thanks

Mark

2 REPLIES 2

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @markc555

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with the app.

Have you registered the device?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Drew4
Joining in

Honestly what is going on with sky sports through virgin media one day you can watch it next five days you cant Successful signed in  , unistalled and reinstalled tried reconnecting how many times  I've lost count  this is ridiculous for a company of your size you can't fix this , every message i read on here having the same problem as me there is no real response but try this try that don't read any messages coming back saying thanks that helped it now works , all you seem to do is put it back to the viewer as if they are doing something wrong , this has been going on for years ever since you made us install this desk top player used to work before that , come I pay for this service and it simply doesn't work