cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code: VGC-4253024462

timcollier1965
Tuning in

I'm trying to watch cricket on Sky Sports. I've downloaded the Sky Sports app, sign if using my Virgin Media account and then get between 2 and 5 seconds of cricket before I get a black screen apologising to me and giving the error message: Error code: VGC-4253025562

I've googled and have seen suggestions that it might be due to malware but my antivirus is running ok and not finding anything suspicious. Any suggestions before England wrap up the third test would be welcome!

Thanks

Tim

9 REPLIES 9

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @timcollier1965

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the issues you are facing when trying to watch the cricket on Sky Sports.

Are you using a laptop or a different device? If laptop, have you tried registering it with a different browser? Also please bear in mind, if you use pop up blockers, this can affect it too.

Can you make sure no other programs are running in the background before loading up TV GO?

Let me know how you get on,

Serena

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Tim,

Is this on a PC/laptop or macbook?

This error has crept up in the past.  Sometimes it's due to a snipping tool being open, or having  Zoom or MS Teams, or iMovie  running in the background.

There's some info in <<< this thread >>> 

Have you tried going to the Sky Sports website on your equipment if using a PC, laptop or macbook?

Instead of downloading an app you should be prompted to download the Sky Desktop Player

You'll be prompted to download and install the Sky Desktop Player when you choose content to watch on the Sky Sports websites.

Windows 7, 8.1, 10
  • Internet Explorer 11
  • Microsoft EDGE (Windows 10 only)
  • Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
  • Google Chrome (latest version)
Apple Mac
  • OS X 10.9 - macOS 10.12
  • Apple Safari (latest version)
  • Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
  • Google Chrome (latest version)

Note: Opera is not supported on either Windows or macOS

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Serena,

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to watch on my laptop. I don't have any other programs running in the background and I have tried using several different browsers. I've even deleted a screen recording program that was installed but not running as I'd read elsewhere that could be an issue.

Still working on it! 

best wishes

Tim

Thanks Dave.

I'm trying to watch on my laptop which is running on Windows 10. I've not got any other programs running in the background but do have Zoom, Teams, etc installed. I've uninstalled one screen recording program that I had installed as I'd read elsewhere that even having such a program installed without it running can cause problems. But still no luck. 

I have tried using the app and through the Sky Sports website (as you suggested) and have downloaded the desktop player.

Thanks again for trying to help. I'll keep trying whilst listening to the cricket on the radio! 

bw

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for letting us know.

I've had a look into the error and 9/10 it is usually caused by some sort of programme running on the device. I understand that you have ensured that nothing else is running, but it's possible that it is something not noticeable - according to other users who have had this issue, they've found that it was the 'snipping tool' or 'dropbox' running in the back ground.

There's also been reports of users updating their device to the latest OS and rebooting that has fixed the error. Can you please confirm that your device is updated?

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Thanks Beth,

I've quit Dropbox, Zoom, Google Drive, Teams, and a bunch of other programs that might have been causing a problem, but I'm still getting the same error message. Even if that was the problem it would be annoying to have to quit all these programs every time to watch Sky. 

I'll try updating the operating system. 

bw

Tim 

Thanks for replying, Tim,

Does this happen with any other device or when you visit the Sky Sports site directly? https://skyid.sky.com/signin/sports?successUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.skysports.com%2Fwatch

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

Thanks - I've tried going to Sky Sports directly as you suggest. I get the same issue whichever route I take. I've uninstalled several packages and updated my operating system, as others have suggested, but no success. 

I've given up for now - cricket was a shambles any way! 

Thanks for trying to help.

best wishes

Tim

Hi @timcollier1965

Can you try accessing this on a different device?

We'd like to get this sorted for you.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs