cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code: VGC-4253024462:4253024462

costej14
Joining in

I cannot watch SkySports on the desktop player - it initially connects and then this error comes onto the screen.

I'm a UK Virgin Media customer with full subscription.

I've just logged out and logged in again with the same result.

thanks

25 REPLIES 25

andyg5
Just joined

Try closing down the snipping tool used in windows.  I had this open and it prevents the app from opening correctly.

Unbelievable; Snipping Tool was the problem for me too.

This clearly needs addressing, it's obviously some kind of poorly-implemented copy protection system

This worked for me too, thanks so much for sharing. 

-Close FRAPS, Spotify, Avast and should work

miceligius
Settling in

Jimg333
Joining in

I know this was an old post, but I've just experienced the same problem. I solved it!!!!

I had the "Windows Snip" app open in the background, once I closed it & opened the Sky Player again it worked fine.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Hi I just want to add if on a Mac and you have Final Cut Pro Open it can also cause this Error Code. so make sure its fully closed.

ahmadzia
Settling in

Hey Costej14, I have had the exact same issue arise all of a sudden on my macbook. How did you end up resolving this???

Hey Melissa_F, I have had the exact same issue you replied too and I have tried deleting and reinstalling the skysports app, clearing my chrome cache, logging in and logging out and pausing Adblock on the skysports website to no avail. I have a macbook pro and use the desktop app on it

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ahmadzia, sorry to hear you've also encountered this error. Have you tried closing other applications (any of the ones mentioned above in particular) to see if that helps?

Also, is it just problematic on your desktop - are you able to watch Sky Sports on another device/app?

Tom