cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code: VGC-4229955698:4240441496

fadsarmy
On our wavelength

I keep getting this error on a Windows 11 computer, Sky app 6.0.1. I have tried everything like delete cookies etc. The only way I can get it to work is to reinstall the app every time it happens. This is usually everyday so it gets a bit boring.

8 REPLIES 8

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi fadsarmy, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when using the application on your computer. 

To confirm, is this the Sky Sports/Cinema app or TV Go? Also, are you able to access this via your browser? 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Nat

This is the Sky video player on Windows which you are prompted to download before you can watch Sky sports. You can't watch it on your browser. I just log onto this browser page before it opens the video player.

It's available form here

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @fadsarmy 

Have you tried using a different browser?

Try disabling any Hardware monitoring programmes such as EVGA Precision X, CPU0-Z etc.

You should also check for and close any snipping tools such as windows snip that may be open or running in the background.

I would also check that you don't have Skype, Zoom or MSteams open or running in the background.

Sky don't like snipping tools as you can share the screen.

I would also suggest that if you are running a VPN program (or browser based extension) to turn it off.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Same with chrome and firefox. I can usually get it to work by uninstalling and reinstalling the video player without doing anything else so I'm not sure if it is what you suggested. I don't have those programs running anyway so I'm not sure what it is. Sometimes it works if I just keep trying.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming fadsarmy. 

If you are not having issues with any other app or streaming service and do not have any software running that could interfere, we may need to raise this with our IT team to investigate. 

To do this, we will need to confirm a few details via private message. I will pop this over to you now 🙂 

Speak soon, 

Nat

I think it may have been related to the AnyDesk software which was running in the background. I've managed to get it working by closing it.

I'm also having this error code with the sky sports app. 

It only appeared when I "upgraded" to windows 11.

This has happened on all three PC's I upgraded on.

Is there a fix yet? 

I assume it's more of a Sky problem than VM but I am paying VM so expect to be able access the content I subscribe to. 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @sam_smurfitt, and I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've experiencing when trying to watch Sky Sports.

Can you confirm if you can watch the content on the Sky Sports application, via a mobile or tablet?

Have you possibly attempted to clear the cache on the browser you're using?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn