Menu
malcolmP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Error code: VG-4227858841

Still cannot watch sky sports through the sky sports app this has been going on far too long

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code: VG-4227858841

Hi malcolmP,

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had with this.

Sky are aware of this issue and are currently working on an update to get it resolved. We haven't been given a fix time on this yet but we'll update the Community as soon as we hear anything.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
KPJUK
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I take it that there is still no progress on fixing this problem.

Posts on this error message go back almost a year why has there not been any progress on this?

It's easier to use an illegal stream to watch what I pay for rather than use the software that Virgin and Sky provide, but surely this can't be the solution. You guys spend millions on shutting down illegal streams, but how much are you spending on providing a service that people actually pay for.

Your service is really shocking. I would love to hear your latest reason why you can't fix this problem.

I am off to BT when my contract is up. They may be more expensive, but there technology works...………...

really hacked off customer from Solihull

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi KPJUK,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn that you're also experiencing this problem.

As Josh_RW has mentioned this is an issue that Sky are already aware of but there may be a work around until this issue has been resolved.

What device are you currently using?

Are you experiencing the same issue on another device?

Which operating system are you using?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
malcolmP
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If there's a work around I am more than interested. I have recently taken out a contract with BT for another property and am considering transferring my long established Virgin media (TV, phone, broadband, mobile) to them. I have windows 7 OS

0 Kudos
LonelyBlade
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Please add me to the list of people with this issue!

Happily watching the cricket on my laptop this afternoon when the Sky Player randomly shut down. Try as I did to get it up and running again it wasn't having any of it. Uninstalled everything (Sports and Cinema) then reinstalled and absolutely nothing works. Player opens ok but after several minutes of the lovely blue spinning circle I get the error message!

No longer happy 😞

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Are you both running the player with nothing else in the background?

Windows Snipping Tool for example has been known to cause issues for unknown issues. 

Keep us posted. 

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
LonelyBlade
Dialled in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I always watch on my laptop with nothing else running.

I have, however managed to fix the issue by removing every trace I could find relating to Sky and the Cisco players from my hard drive. This included removing all registry entries also. I then reinstalled both Sky Sports and Sky Cinema players from scratch.

Let's just hope they still work ok next time I go to watch!

Happy again...........for now 🙂

0 Kudos
malcolmP
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

if only i knew how to clear the registries safely
0 Kudos
globalscouse
Just joined
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've tried everything I can think off deleted although files from Sky, plus all hidden files in the registry download all windows updates and then down load both sky sports and sky cinema apps, and still no joy. Tried of these issues with the blanket response of we are aware of it........ well then fix it. If this is skys way of getting you to change over well it's working. There no way 'm paying over £100 pound a month for this service......

0 Kudos