cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code OVP_00200

PJaskolski
On our wavelength

Will some one from Virgin please let me know why they state that one can watch sky sport on Virgin Go when that is clearly not the case. All I get is the error message OVP _00200 this is compounded by no one at Virgin knowing what the error messsge means. I await a reply

30 REPLIES 30

jimbean
On our wavelength

I'm also getting this code on my note 9 how do I resolve  this please

jimbean
On our wavelength

Uninstalled the TV go app 3 times now then reinstalled still the same error message on sky sports

Louis_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jimbean,

Can we just confirm if you have also deleted/uninstalled then re-downloaded the sky sports app as well as the TV GO app. Keep us posted with any further development to the situation.

Many thanks,

Louis

paul-coxy
Joining in

ad the same issue and THIS WORKS !

make sure your device is registered on the virgin tv go device section by using it to watch a regular channel like ITV

then delete the sky sports app 

when u reinstall it swipe right to next "how to do stuff" pages and after the last page it gives u an option to sign in .

do so using your virgin uk button and it works

NO. It was not fixed.

I called SKY today - a month later - and talking to a guy in ENGLAND - I managed to get somewhere with it. I had two issues at the time of calling Sky today:- 1) laptop not streaming Sky; and 2) same android error as before.

I resolved 1) myself while I was on the phone to the guy. If anyone has any issues logging into Sky Sports (through this sh1te-for-brains company Virgin), then I resolved it by using the Microsoft Edge browser instead of Chrome. You need to download the Sky Sports own little PC-app thing, and then it works. Was HD too, very nice.

2) is still unresolved. I followed Sky's advice which was to click the three dots at the top right of the Sky Sports app on Android, log out and log back in again. Then I was having issues with not being able to click live content. The highlights etc would work though when I went to watch live tv nothing would happen. Now I uninstalled the app totally, reinstalled, gave it all the permissions it wanted (making and receiving phone calls??? bizarre!) and then I could click live tv and click a programme. However because I was streaming through 1) above, it came up with a 'maximum devices' error! So now we have six slots rather than two though you can only ever use one to stream!?? Have 10,000 slots and one to stream, what difference? It's a joke.

In any case, just for completeness, I logged off 1) above and tried to use the app on android to watch the game. Now it's getting past the 'maximum devices' error and now I'm getting a different error code (so this is now the third different error code I've experienced trying to get what I am paying for and is included as part of my package: 'Unexpected Error: Error DRM_0302'.

A different forum has suggested all this 'solution' of rebooting the phone every time and such like. 

What an absolutely terrible system you've got and what a terrible technical support you offer. I said to the guy at Sky today who was fully English, understandable and free of the ridiculous background noise of people laughing and joking around in the office -  (I couldn't get through to Virgin, not even their Indian offices were open today!) and the guy from Sky was great, spoke through with me for 45 mins and was really trying to understand the issue and help. Not asking "what version, what phone". That came up very quickly about 30 mins into the call. He also didn't make a promise he couldn't keep.

VIRGIN = SHI*E. (rhymes with 'White' for the team in India, in case you didn't understand it).

Ive had this issue for the last year and have not got it to work until today.

Steps below show what i did to get it to work.

1. I Uninstalled Virgin TV GO App.

2. I Uninstalled Sky Sports App.

3. I ReInstalled Virgin TV GO App.

4. I logged in with my non-virgin media email address.

5. Once logged In, I made sure no devices were registered, then re registered my LG Mobile.

6. I then view a normal tv channel like channel 4.

7. I then ReInstall the Sky Sports App.

8. I login using the Virgin Uk option.

9. I allow permissions to my location for The Sky Sports App and turn on location through the App.

10. I then click on live TV, select one of the sports channels and it worked =D.

To clarify i did not restart my phone or adjust any other phone settings.

Hope this helps people out.

iamshaunyb
Tuning in

Hey Guys

My 2 pence here, as Virgin have stated, this is a generic code, so what may work for some may not work for others.

I will assume everyone here has good troubleshooting skills.

I had the same issue this morning and resolved by simply logging out and then back in.

For those uninstalling and reinstalling, I would recommend just clearing the cache from the application rather than uninstall reinstall, and logging in again

The real problem here is Virgin allowing whoever coded this software to get away with generic error codes, we all pay for our service and expect things that are offered to us to work with no issue. Also expect that, when there is an issue, that there is a clear resolution path. I have a sneaky suspicion that sky have coded this, and that they have done this to be deliberately awkward to 3rd party companies that use their service.

Come on Virgin, step up, it should not be left to paying customers to be your technical support squad. 🙂

That's my 2 pence, have a nice day

When you  get sent through to sky sports via virgin sign out at top right corner then click sign in it will give you the option to sign in via virgin below skys sign in ( red and grey box )click that takes you to virgin sign in again and should work 

Long way for a shortcut but gets the footy on 

I fixed it by deleting the apps then loading them up again.

I have had this same meesage for months and still cannot get live TV through the app. I get the the following message from the Sky app Error service unavailable.

I thinks it's time i ditch all my virgin contracts and find a proper provider.

Mark.