Menu
mcdoug24
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error code: E=15 V=-1

I vs a kindle fire hd8 using tv anywhere app.

The tablet has never been rooted.

Trying to access programmes but keep getting the E=15 V=_1 error code.

Not sure, but think this has only happened since the new tv anywhere format.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code: E=15 V=-1

Hi mcdoug24,

I'm really sorry to hear your Kindle is no longer working with TV Anywhere since updating the app. Smiley Sad

We are no longer supporting the below Kindle Fire devices. This is because they don’t have enough processing power to run the new version of the app.

- Kindle Fire (2012) 2nd gen model # KFOT 

- Kindle Fire HD 7” (2012) model # KFJA (WAN) + KFJWI (WiFi) 

- Kindle Fire (2012) HD 8.9” model # KFAPWA (WAN) KFAPWI (Wi-Fi)

In order for TV Anywhere to work you also need to have a minimum of Android 4.1 OS and these models are on Android 4.0.3. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Barney_Bear
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi mcdoug24

I have the same kindle and also the same problem but it's interesting to note that the virgin staff don't really know what they are talking about as the Kindle HD 8 runs the OS 5.6.0.1 which is above their minimum spec. As they obviously didn't read your post properly when they quite clearly blow you off with the standard reply about earlier models which yours (and mine) clearly isn't. I do know that the app works on my home network after a fashion but doesn't work if you change networks which is why we use it because if we are at home we don't need it! I also run (or try to) the app on a new Samsung Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S8 and a Samsung Galaxy S7 all which run OS 7 or above and guess what the app don't work on any of them so in my opinion VM either don't care or don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Pardon my vent it's maddening when people change things for the so called better and can't be bothered to test or give proper support for the rubbish they bring out.

so in conclusion please try the link below see if it helps you any, it's more than you will get form virgin support it may work for you unfortunately it don't for me.

https://support.tivo.com/articles/Installation_Setup_Configuration/Out-of-Home-Streaming

Rgds

0 Kudos
mcdoug24
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barney_Bear

You're spot on with your thoughts on the response I received.

Thanks for the link on out of home streaming.

Initially I gave up trying to use my kindle to access virgin tv channels, but more recently, when the virgin apps changed (& kindle OS was the only platform not to be supported by virgin), I decided to install Google Play on my kindle. I followed the instructions at the following link, and now have access to all the Google Play apps, including the Virgin Go app:-

https://saintlad.com/install-google-play-store-on-kindle-fire/

Initially, it was a little flaky but after a few days, it settled down & now is great. I can now access all the channels I normally subscribe to, including BT Sports, although Sky Sports is still proving a bit more challenging!

Thanks again for your response.

McDoug24