cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 when trying to manage my Tivo box for the first time through TV Go

AMESKEVIN
Joining in

I am trying to use the 'saved' option (for the first time) in TV Go to manage my Tivo box from my desktop, but keep getting 

This page isn't working at the moment

manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com can't currently handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

Please can you tell me what I am doing wrong.
Thank you
Kevin
3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV Go, whether by the app or desktop, is for streaming live TV when you're not in front of your STB for whatever reason.

If you want to manage & set recordings on your TiVo, you need the TV Control app - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AMESKEVIN
Joining in

Hello group,

I may have posted this an hour ago -my first post -  but don't know how to review my posts ( or how to see any replies ) so this second post may be a bit pointless. However, my problem is that I am trying to manage my Tivo box with the saved option on TV Go, but keep getting an error 500. Please can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong ? Thanks, Kevin   

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AMESKEVIN 

Your replies have been merged - the answer to your query (or at least a start!!) is in post-2 of this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks