Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device management

Hi BarryF,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Simonbrown62
Tuning in
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I now have this issue as well.

I changed phones from a Samsung Galaxy S6 to an S9, so removed my old S6 from my list of devices via TV Go.

I then tried to watch Sky Sports via their app on my new S9, but the message “Device limit reached” keeps appearing on screen. However, the Device Management option in TV Go states that I have “Registered (1 of 2)” devices and also shows “CAN BE CHANGED IN” but no date or number of days is shown! For information, my iPad is shown as the only device in my list.

Please can someone from the Forum team help me? I’m happy to provide more details via private message to resolve this.

Thanks,

Simon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simonbrown62,

I am sorry to hear that, I can look into this for you, I have sent you a private message, if you can reply to that I can get this resolved for you.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Shuggie_h
Joining in
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm having the same trouble where the sky sports app tells me that the device limit has been reached despite only having one device registered.

The Virgin TV go app doesn't have a specific option to manage sky devices.

Please can someone look into this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Simonbrown62
Tuning in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shuggie_h,

As nobody got back to me within two weeks, I phoned the Virgin Media helpline and they sorted me out in less than 10 mins.

The advisor I spoke to was very helpful and informed me there was nothing I could have done, and it needed a central “tweak”. Apparently, although my TV Go app showed that I only had one device registered (my iPad), on VM’s central systems, my old S6 was still present, meaning that the limit of 2 devices was showing as far as VM were concerned.

The VM advisor was able to quickly remove my old S6 from their central system, and after a few minutes I was then able to view Sky Sports on my new S9. I now have both my iPad and my S9 showing as my two devices on my TV Go app. Sorted!!

The bottom line for me was, it’s easier to phone the Helpline than rely on this Forum........which somewhat defeats the object of having a Forum!

Cheers,

Simon.

0 Kudos
Shuggie_h
Joining in
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info mate.

Did you just call 150?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Simonbrown62
Tuning in
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Correct. I phoned 150 from my landline and selected the prompts appropriate to “faults and technical help”, and eventually got through to someone who could help me.

The person I spoke to had clearly dealt with such issues before, so there’s obviously an ongoing problem with this TV Go feature, for which VM has a manual workaround whenever you call the Helpline (or actually get someone from the Forum to eventually respond on here!).

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shuggie_h, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

Are you able to confirm if you are still experiencing this issue when using the service as we would like to help?

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Shuggie_h
Joining in
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes. Just tried and it's still the same.

Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Shuggie_h.

I have sent you a private message to request a few more details to allow us to be able to look in to this further for you.  The private message should appear when selecting the purple envelope icon on the top right of the page. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos