cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device limit reached (three changes per month) for Sky Sports

drmrbrewer
Joining in

There have been a few device changes in our home recently, and we've reached the limit of 3 changes per month already... there are still spare slots, just no "changes" left.

This is in large part because the following page

Sky Device Settings - Virgin TV Go - Virgin Media

doesn't actually give any information about which device is which... I mean, if there are four entries just saying "iPhone" how do we know *which* iPhone to delete (i.e. which is the old iPhone we need to delete to make room for the new iPhone)???  It's a terrible interface for managing these devices, particularly with such a low limit... it's like playing Russian roulette trying to decide which is the device that can safely be removed.

So it's only the 5th of the month and we can't add one or two of these new devices.

Is there any way to reset this limit?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @drmrbrewer 

You can actually rename the devices from within the Sky devices interface you linked to.

It might be a good idea to connect the iPhones one at a time, and name them individually eg iphone 14, mums iphone  etc via the interface page once it's been reset.

rename sky device.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes in hindsight that would be the thing to do, but without hindsight I was faced with a list with four "iPhone" and two "Android phone" so what next?  I ended up deleting ones that are still current and hence have used up the limit by reconnecting them.  I mean each device has a name, so why can't this name be used in the list already?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi drmrbrewer,

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the device limit. @newapollo has offered great advice here! Just in response to your last question - if when connecting the phone initially and there wasn't a device name, then it wouldn't sync if this was changed afterwards. 

I will send you over a private message to confirm some details with you and help take a look into this. 

Cheers,

Ryan.  

My (new) phone is called Mike's iPhone (and has been since I set it up, and before connecting to any services), and indeed this is how it appears in the Device Management list in the Virgin TV Go app itself.  That's fine and good. But on the separate list for Sky Sports it just appears as iPhone, along with other entries with the same generic name, which isn't helpful for device management purposes.