cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device limit reached sky sports

donna2904
On our wavelength

Hi, I only have 3 devices registered on virgin go and I can watch tv no problem until I try to watch sky sports through the sky sports app. It keeps saying device limit reached. I’ve deleted the apps and reinstalled them but still no luck. 

11 REPLIES 11

Aaron2
Well-informed

You need to unlink a device or two in the Sky Sports App as it has a device limit of 3, so you'll need to use one which is already linked. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

donna2904
On our wavelength

How do you unlink a device on the sky sports app? On the virgin go app we only have 3 devices registered and only use one of them which is my husbands iPhone which seems to work but mine doesn’t. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @donna2904 

You should be able to manage your Sky Devices by logging into 

http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices 

Make sure it's http and not https.

It's best to do this on either Edge or Firefox browsers as there is often an issue if using Chrome.

Any problems either try an incognito window or clear your browsing history

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Can I do this on my iPhone? Sorry I’m not tech savvy. I can’t get that link to load.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @donna2904 

You should be able to open that link using the safari browser.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The link won’t open on safari. I’m going to have to contact virgin media for further help.

Hi @donna2904,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're facing some issues with the Sky Sports app related to your device limit. I've just tried the link that @newapollo provided to manage your devices and it worked for me. Can you try again and let us know how you get on?

If it still doesn't work for you, please try a different browser and/or device if you can to access it. If it still doesn't work, please confirm what happens exactly when you attempt to access it.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

donna2904
On our wavelength

I tried the link on a laptop instead of my mobile and I managed to get it to work. Thank you.

Hi @donna2904 thanks for your reply - that's great news!

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help in the future. 

Many thanks

Tom_W