cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device level reached

BrianG1
Tuning in

I have registered my device and after clearing cookies, due to buffering, I am now unable to watch as it says i've reached maximum number of devices. Please can this be reset for me?

Why does virgin tvgo have this limit set and why is it set to a monthly limit of only 5 devices, especially when more and more users clear there browsers of cookies etc everytime they close them down for security reasons.  Does Virgin Media expect users to leave these cookies in place eventually slowing down the use of the browsers and computers, if the answer is yes then i find this ludicrous especially when the software they promote to act as anti virus software also clears the browsers when shut down.  Either way the user is the one that gets stung and then we have to resort to using forums and pleading admins to help clear the number of devices.

BrianG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @BrianG1,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with the TV Go app and how the device is managed, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team.

I can also reset your devices but would need to send over a private message to clear account security, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi BrianG,

You can whitelist various websites so that the cookies/data aren't deleted.

How you  do this depends upon the particular browser you are using.

For instance if using Chrome you could for download and use an extension such as the vanilla-cookie-manager/ 

When you open the extension just add virgintvgo.virginmedia.com to the whitelist.

vanilla cookie managervanilla cookie manager

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BrianG1
Tuning in

Hi Guys,

It has happened again, reached device limit.  Why does it do this??? i am using the same PC with the same browser using the same app to connect so why does it say i have used diff devices and reached a limit, surely this is something that virgin media can do away with especially when likes of myself on a VIP package costing £153 a month and I cannot even watch it on my pc from the dedicated tvgo app.

Sorry for the rant but can you do your magic again for me and clear them, i would be ever so grateful.

Many Thanks, again

BrianG

BrianG1_0-1647852143800.png

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @BrianG1,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with the TV Go app and how the device is managed, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team.

I can also reset your devices but would need to send over a private message to clear account security, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details over private message @BrianG1.

I have now reset your devices, you can now add the devices that you would need to use the app now.

Regards,

Steven_L