Menu
Jemlou
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device issues

I have just joined Virgin media today. I have registered 2 devices on the virgin TV go app and can I see the channels on there and it works great. I have sky sports and cinema within my package, I've downloaded those apps and logged in but when I try to watch anything on those I get a pop up saying device limit reached contact provider

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device issues

same issue, and I am a 8 year customer with Virgin, and regularly have this problem.

I think it can be saved by deleting and adding the items again, but also check that you have added both on Virgin and on Sky...I have to say this is one of the most annoying and poorly designed aspect of Virgin's service...I have watched Sky Cinema on my iPad, and the Device registration site notices that, but it doesn't recognise the device.....

0 Kudos
Jemlou
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I know you can only have 2 devices registered so I set mine and my husband's tablets up and neither would work. I got onto webchat and they reset the devices so sky cinema and sky sport now works on my tablet but my husband's is still saying device limit used, contact provider. I then rang VM where he then reset it. Still working on mine and still not on my husband's. I've deleted both sky apps and TV go, reinstalled them and it's still the same. TV go works spot on but both sky 1s say device limit reached. Very frustrating

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jemlou,

Thanks for letting us know about this on the community.

I'd like to take a look into this for you so I'm just going to pop you a private message requesting further information which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jemlou
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose,

Not to worry after hours of playing around I managed to work out that mine and my husband's tablets were linked to Virgin go but my husband's tablet wasn't linked to sky apps. Didn't realise you had to set them up individually. Had to go to sky app and change registered devices on there, all are working great now

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad that you've been able to resolve this but if there's any further problems just let us know on the community.

All the best

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos