Menu
marlowdrummer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device Registration

Hi,

can someone reset all my devices for TV go please?

I had issues in Feb, I managed to get one device reregistered but not the other, only one reregistration per month???

So, registered my Edge browser as normal, a quick restart later and nope, no access, cannot register this device. As there was only one device registration allowed, my phone is still non functional.

Now have 2 devices that are the same as in Feb that do not work and I cannot register until the 1st April. More fool me I guess!!

I did post in another thread, the next person to post with the same issues had a response but not me. Rather disappointing.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-Device-Registration/td-p/3598010/page/2

Can someone get back to me this week? Might be nice to be able to use a service that I pay for.

Cheers

S.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Registration

As you have seen for yourself, responses here can take about a week, and often longer as some customers just get ignored.

You probably have more chance of winning the national lottery than finding an available agent on online chat.

"Fastest" resolution is to phone up. But there is no "TV Go" option from the many choices presented to you. Whichever you choose, the automated system decides that, without even knowing what you are calling up about, resetting all your equipment is bound to solve it. So it won't even connect you to a real person, rather it will reset your equipment, (taking your TV & internet out of service quite unnecessarily) then ask you to call back if that doesn't solve the problem, which of course it won't. You call back, and hold while some distorted noise that is probably supposed to be music blares down the line The first person you speak to inevitably isn't able to help, so you are put on hold again for more earache. So when I say "fastest", I mean it could take up to an hour to resolve what should be a simple request, just to fix a problem that isn't even of your own making.

Virgin Media - keeping paying customers at arm's length for as long as possible. Presumably, in the hope that you'll just give up.

marlowdrummer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh well, as expected. No response - disappointing.
I guess I'll need to waste a number of hours on one of my few days off trying to get through on the phone.

C'mon Virgin, get this sorted. I usually extol your good service/network/TV, but this is testing my resolve!!!

S.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi marlowdrummer,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I can certainly get this looked into for you so I'll just need to confirm further details.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will find another message from me in your inbox.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

marlowdrummer
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All working now.
Thanks to Rose_B.

Cheers

S.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi marlowdrummer,

That's great news Smiley Happy

Any further issues just let us know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos