cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Management

cheryldoy
Tuning in

Frustratingly VirginGo is causing yet more issues around device access / management

Despite my laptop being registered as a device, it will not allow me to access VirginGo to watch BTsport whilst my wife is watching TV on our main set

Had this issue previously and has returned yet again which is causing immense frustration, especially when paying premium prices for our product, extremely disappointed.

10 REPLIES 10

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @cheryldoy

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the Community Forums! 

I am so sorry to hear that this is happening! Can I ask if there is an error message on the laptop when you try to watch?

Are you able to watch other channels while the box is in use? 

Thank you. 

cheryldoy_0-1643388397992.png

Hi, I receive the error message above, even though when I access Device Management the device is listed as one of the 5 permitted

Thanks for the screenshot cheryldoy, we will try resetting the devices so I will send you a Private Message to get some details from you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

I too keep getting the device exceeded message despite my device being listed. Tried resetting it and adding it again, but still got the message.  It now tells me I've exceeded the max number of changes, despite nothing being changed as it's the same device!  HELP!

Hi Mrs_C_14, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your device registration not being recognised. This can sometimes happen if you've reset your device or updated the software. If using a PC then due to tightened internet privacy in devices, we can’t uniquely identify the device from a browser or if you delete the cache or cookies. This means each time you change browsers or delete the history, it will be treated as a new device. 

We can certainly look at resetting things for you but I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Mrs_C_14, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have not reset the devices for you. 

Please try again to register your device and let me know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry for the delay, I've been away.

Looking at the settings today, it didn't have any devices registered.

I therefore tried watching Virgin Media on my laptop, it told me to register it, which I then did, but still won't play the tv channels.

It just says, once again, register the device, but it already is?!

Looking at the list of devices, it has added my laptop as a device, but still keeps coming up with a message saying it's not registered when trying to watch tv

Looking at the registered devices on the Sky channels, that is showing 6 devices?!

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened @Mrs_C-14 and thank you for popping back to us. 

Can I just double check, what browser are you using to access this? Is it in Incognito mode at all?

Thank you. 

No, it's not incognito mode.

It's microsoft edge