cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Management.

SammyM
Tuning in

I added this to an existing thread but am repeating it again in a new thread.

"Re: Registered Device

Hi.  The same thing has happened to me.  TV Go is fine on my mobile but it says I have reached maximum devices when I try to use my browsers (on desktop computer).  It says I am using three devices on Goggle and one on firefox, .(Plus my mobile)      It will not let me in to TV Go on either browser but says I can replace in several days time.  This has happened before and I replace when time is up.  But then it happens again.    I note you say using a different tab can effect this.  I have also downloaded new versions of both browsers.  Also from time to time I clear cookies.   Can you please advise.  Many thanks,  Sammy."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SammyM, thanks for contacting us and sorry for the delayed reply. I will send you a private message so that we can check and reset the devices for you. Chris 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SammyM, thanks for contacting us and sorry for the delayed reply. I will send you a private message so that we can check and reset the devices for you. Chris 

Many thanks Chris.
Will await your private message.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI SammyM, we are glad to see that things are now resolved, please let us know if you need anything. ^Chris 

jhactually
Up to speed

I have this problem too - and now you turned off the Windows app so can't watch at all on my computer.

I now have no way of deleting or replacing devices.

Strangely, works on F Fox on my laptop, just not on my desktop.

Thanks again Chris.

Hi Jhactually,
Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry if this is causing you some inconvenience and frustration. I'm also sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I have some good information. We were aware of this issue on the TV GO App, our IT team have looked into the problem and have since resolved it. Could you please try reinstalling the app and try again please?

Thanks,

Megan_L                       

Hi Ive been on hold for a hour now - how can I remove devices?

All my devices are called the same thing (My Computer - Google Chrome) so don't know which is which so accidently used my quota up

Thanks

Hi rossij8,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are having issued with your devices register for TV Go, have you managed to get this resolved since your last post, as it was last month you can change the devices every month.

Regardfs

Paul.

Thanks for your reply 

Sorted because it’s the start of the month

However 4 out of my 5 devices are named My Computer-Chrome and I have no idea which is which unless I’m using one of them 

There is no option to delete or rename (like in Sky Devices) 

If I don’t use one device for a particular amount of time, when I log in says it isn’t registered and have to pick one of the above to replace 

it’s a pain - rename or delete would be useful- I changed my laptop name but still shows as My Computer- Chrome in device management 

If virgin could look into this be handy 

thanks