Menu
stuartkerr
Tuning in
Message 31 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device Limit Reached - Sky Sports

Hi Terri,

I do not have an iPad registered to my TV Anywhere account. I have checked via the TV Anywhere app / anywhere.virginmedia.com device registration process and it indicates that both both a laptop and iPhone 6plus are registered with the last change on 13th Nov at 19.36. I attempted signing in and out of the Sky Sports iOS app and it again returned an error stating that my device limit had been reached. 

Regards,

Stuart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  

I've sent you a private message in order to look into this further for you. Please check this by clicking on the purple envelope at the top right of this screen.

Regards.

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
ThomasKane
Joining in
Message 33 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Help Please. I have both a personal and work laptop registered as devices. I recently updated my lenovo laptop to windows ten, this then used up my one change for virgin media per month. I would like to watch Sky sports but sky sports says I have used my allocated changes for the month.

Reading previous comments I presume my Virgin Account has not synced with the Sky App. How do I fix the issue?

Thomas

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi ThomasKane,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems re-registering your laptop after the recent Windows update. Let's have a look at this and see if we can get this sorted out for you.

I can see that for your Sky On The Go, there are two registered devices showing-PC & PC2. You have one more change left for the Sky platform.

For the TV Anywhere platform, I can see two devices registered-Home PC and lenova. I have just added a change for this as there were none left.

You will need to register your laptop again on the Sky platform and the TV Anywhere platform. 

To Manage Devices on the Sky Platform:

Changes to registered devices can be made through our TV Anywhere website. Chrome and Opera are not supported on a Windows PC or Mac, so you’ll need to use Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari to access TV Anywhere.
  • Open your web browser and go to virginmedia.com/tvanywhere
  • Click on My Profile and Sky Movies and Sky Sports
  • Enter your My Virgin Media username and password if prompted
  • Click on Sky Devices. Your current registered devices will be shown
  • Choose the Device you want to remove
  • Click Delete
That’s it. The next time you access the Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps or website from a new device, it’ll automatically register for access to streaming.

For information on Device Management for the TV Anywhere Platform, please click here.

Hope this helps. If you have any problems with this, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

0 Kudos
Seahorse
Tuning in
Message 35 of 86
Flag for a moderator

My laptop which I haven't altered at all give this error message.  I just added my main PC as the second device, it also give the same error message, so I can't watch Sky Sports at all.  Can you please fix it for me, and explain why this worlks so badly?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 36 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seahorse,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems viewing Sky Sports via TV Anywhere.

Have you tried logging onto the Sky app, removing and re-registering your device? What happens when you do this?

For further information please click here for Device management for the Sky Movies and Sky Sports apps and website.

I have re-synchronized your TV Anywhere services on your account. Your Sky platform still has one change left for this month. Once you have removed and re-registered your laptop, please let me know and I'll add another change back on for your main PC.

Kind regards,

Terri

0 Kudos
JenandColin
Joining in
Message 37 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

similar issue, looking at my device registration I have an available slot in device settings and also in sky sports settings, yet when i open the sky sports app on my iPhone I am told "device limit reached".

assume this is another sync issue

please resolve asap

Colin

0 Kudos
wilbosb
Tuning in
Message 38 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I'm having problems registering my iPad Pro via TV anywhere. I've now removed my iPad Pro from TV anywhere - hoping to reregister it via the Sky Sports app - however I've reached my device limit. I would like to keep my MacBook Pro registered.

Could you add another device change please ?

I'm finding this a little frustrating I have to say!

thanks in advance

Mark.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 39 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colin, 

Thanks for posting. 

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/SKY-MOVIES-amp-SKY-SPORTS-DEVICE-REGISTRATION/m-p/3... and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 40 of 86
Flag for a moderator

Hi wilbosb, 

Thanks for posting here too and I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue re-registering your device. 

I have gone into the account and added a device change. If you start streaming from your iPad this will automatically register it. 

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out