cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly registering devices on tv go

wallet375
Tuning in

Hi, why do i constantly have to register the same devices on the tv go? Is it because i use my own 3rd party router with the SH3 in modem mode? Maybe i wouldnt have to itf the SH3 wifi signal wasnt so rubbish and unstable. I have just registered for the tv go anywhere service, im not feeling very confident on VM past experience with mobile tv packages asuming the programmes are watchable of course and dont show that annoying tv rights message

20 REPLIES 20

wallet375
Tuning in

Update on the tv go app, well it lasted 3 days until this morning when i tried to view the tv go on the windows 10 computer and a message tells me i have to register the device so i replace it with the windows computer deleting the windows computer, what crap software this really is

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post.

Can we please confirm if you're going onto the app on different web browsers as this would register as a different device? 

Let us know, Emily.

Hi Emily,

Yes can confirm i only try to watch on google chrome, the "do you wish to download the app message" appears but i dismiss that as if i try to install that it doesnt show any channels on the windows 10 platform

looking forward to your comments and advice

Stu

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, do you watch this on different devices using google chrome at all? 

If you're able to get through the device management on the web browser are you able to delete or rename any of the devices?

Thanks, Emily.

no only on the same browser on the one computer, if it asks to register the same device again i have no choice but to register the the same device which then appears twice in the registered devices list! 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, when you're asked to register the device again are you able to replace the previous one in the device list? 

Thanks, Emily.

yes im able to replace but with the restriction which allows only so many changes this will soon be used up then i have to wait a month each time it happens, far from ideal in fact makes it unwatchable

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update and sorry for the complications.

I'll pop you over a private message and we can raise an IT ticket for them to take a look into this. 

Thanks, Emily.

Hi, any news on a solution? as you can see from the screenshot google chrome wants to constantly replace my device as shown this morning

Once again wanting to replace device even though it shows here twiceOnce again wanting to replace device even though it shows here twice