Menu
Gismosld
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Connot log in to TV Go on new tablet

I'm trying to sign in to My Virgin Media on my new tablet and it keeps telling me to enter my user name (e-mail address). I do and it will not accept it so am I doing something stupid or wrong or is there a problem somewhere.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connot log in to TV Go on new tablet

Hi Gismosld,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Forums.

Very sorry to hear you are having trouble with the app. Have you got this resolved now?

If not, what error message is popping up when you are trying to log in? What internet browser are you using to view the website?

Regards

Lindsey_C Forums Team

0 Kudos
Gismosld
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi There

Sorry about the delay in replying to your post but I've been away dealing with a family crisis of sorts and had forgotten that I had posted a query on the forum.

I'm using Firefox as my browser and it tells me :-

Unable to watch.

Out of home streaming is not permitted from this TiVo box.

Contact your service provider for further information.

The error code is E=8 V=1

I can log in and begin to stream a programme from my TiVo box and watch for from between a few seconds to a few minutes before it then posts the message across the screen.

I am also now having to constantly sign in when I try to use my old tablet and then have days where my old tablet cannot sign in and the sign in box just has the constant twirling on screen as if it is trying to find the service. I have tried to improve things by deleting my devices and re-installing them to no avail. As I've just had the new Hub 3 installed by the engineer I'm obviously not a particularly happy bunny.

Hope that you can help in some way as I am begining to get very fed up indeed.

Many Thanks.

Steve D.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Do you have a V6 box.
0 Kudos
Gismosld
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi LittleMick73.

Yes it is a TiVo V6 box.

Cheers.

Steve D.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about your experience, Gismosid.

As this is about the error code mentioned above, I'd like to know if your V6 box is wired to the hub. This can help to ensure that your V6 will not lose signal when your WiFi drops. WiFi signal can drop for a number of reasons.

You also mention that you're having trouble logging into the TV Go app on your tablet, it might help to read through some tips as the tablet does work over WiFi.

There is a forum post about the error code
E=8 V=1 . You can check it out here.

Let me know if all this helps.

Thanks,
Ning_Q

0 Kudos
Gismosld
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ning_Q.

Sorry about the delay in replying but work and family problems keep getting in the way.

Yes the V6 box is wired to the hub and the hub is a brand new Hub3. The connection and the wi-fi etc were all checked by the engineer whilst he was at the house doing a check and upgrade. Everything checked out fine on his equipment with reference to the wi-fi etc.

I had a similar problem when I first started using my iPad on Virgin at my address this took many attempts before it was finally solved by the Engineering Support guys based in the UK.

Currently my Mediapad will work for between 30 seconds and around 2 mins before it throws a hissey fit and tells me I'm basically using someone else's equipment / network or TiVo box and now my iPad constantly keeps telling me to log in and has the circle of doom going untill the connection seems to time out.

Definately not a happy bunny as I'm paying for something that I cannot use. My iPad and Mediapad have both been checked by service engineers who can find no fault with them at all.

I have spent over an hour on the phone with Virgin and got absolutely nowhere at the end of countless resets, reboots and more.

Get closer and closer to cancelling all my Virgin stuff and switching over to Sky which we do have the basic family pack at the house as well.

Hope you can help or at least find someone who can help sort this out.

Sorry for the bit of a rant.

Many Thanks.

Steve D.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gismosld,

Thank you for getting back. I appreciate all the details you've provided. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your devices logging into TV Go app. Apologies for not getting the services you're paying for. I feel sorry that you're thinking of leaving. We'd like to help but we need to access your account and check your connections further which we are limited to do on this platform. We can do this via online chat. Just click on the pop up link to get started on this.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Raine_G

0 Kudos
Gismosld
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello There.

Sadly I have to contact you again with reference to being unable to either log on and / or stream from my V6 box to my new tablet.

Today, Saturday 13/04/2019, I tried yet again having done everything asked by yourselves and after a phone cal and rebooting my TiVo box, Hub 3, Tablet etc I find again that I cannot stream from my V6 box to either my old tablet (which shows everything on the TiVo box but the "Watch Now" box is not illuminated) or my new tablet (which shows me everything on my TiVo box but when I try to watch it throws me out of the app and back to my Home Page on the tablet). I can however log in and stream to my mobile phone, although I only watched a minute or so mainly just to see if I could log in etc.

I have uninstalled and re-installed both the Tv Control & Tv Go apps several times and still have been unable to log in and stream from my TiVo box to either of my tablets.

Now most certainly getting annoyed enough to cancel all my Virgin Media and Mobiles packages and shift everything over to Sky. 

I think that I need an engineer to come to the house and experience the problems first hand and try and sort it out using the actual devices themselves, rather than try and do everything remotely.

I was asked to contact you again should the steps that both myself and yourselves have taken not work, they don't seem to have worked so here I am contacting you again with hopes that we can resolve this problem as soon as possible.

Many Thanks.

Steve D.

0 Kudos
Flying_Kiwi
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In the beginning you titled this thread indicating that you cannot log into TV Go on your new tablet (presumably the Huawei Mediapad) but then you later refer to not being able to view from your V6 box - there appear to be at least two separate issues at play here as it's only the TV Control app that gets involved when watching pre-recorded content from a V6 box. Are you still getting any TV Go login or streaming problems ie when attempting to watch TV Go content which comes from Virgin Media's servers and not your V6 box if so what are those problems and are they using the TV Go app or via a browser? 

I use the TV Control app alot to watch pre-recorded content from my V6 box on my Android tablet (a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2018 10.5" ) and I've also encountered the earlier error messages and crashing out of the app that you report - I too would like much improved TV Control reliability but I can usually get it to work in the end. In terms of getting the (limited) pre-recorded on V6 box content to play back on the tablet, if it has the little 'downward pointing WiFi icon'  next to the individual recordings that mean these should be streamable from the V6 box, are you using any WiFi signal boosters in the setup? I know you've already rebooted your devices (which is important when trying to get to the bottom of TV Control errors) but what happens when you re-run the Settings -> Streaming -> Start Setup function within the TV Control app again? Does this then find your box and get the Watch Now option to not be greyed out - if not, what does that report at the end? I should clarify, you will not get the greyed out Watch Now feature to work if your tablet is connected to the internet via a cellular/mobile connection or public/other WiFi - only via your home WiFi through your Hub 3.0.

It's important that we look at the TV Go and TV Control issues separately as they're different apps/services and work quite differently.

0 Kudos