Menu
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

College Football on registered device

Its the end of season bowl games and having watched throughout the year I can now not see these as TV Go has decided my laptop is now not a registered device despite it clearly showing it in the device management. More annoyingly is for some reason I cannot delete and reset until 1st January by which time most of the games will be over. 

Firstly why is there a seemingly endless stream of complaints regarding the problem with registered devices and secondly who at VM stupidly decided that a device change can only be done at the start of a month whilst any sky changes can be done any time during the month.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: College Football on registered device

Device changes can happen at anytime of the month but if you have used them up then you have to wait for the first of the next month for it to reset.

As for your device not being registered, you have likely had a software or security update to the laptop or browser which then shows the laptop or browser as a new device. 

Most of these restrictions are put in place by the content providers I believe.

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So what you are saying is that when Microsoft update their software for security reasons we have to just put up with the fact we are then unable to use TV on the go until a device change is available or wait and hope that someone from the Forum team respond and probably give you a new device change as this appears to be the bog standard answer to these problems instead of trying to find out why it happens and fix it. 

Considering that Sky still works after update then it is really a poor service that VM are delivering. 

0 Kudos
mne2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I agree - pathetic. Got the same problem myself
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteMead,

Sorry to hear this. 

How are things looking at the moment?

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As well as can be expected, had to use my device change at the start of the month just so I could watch, hope Microsoft don't decide to have any security updates this month or back to square one.

My contract is up at the end of Feb and giving some thought as too whether all this hassle is worth it.

0 Kudos